Chroming companies in the UK? Any experiences?

Pete SSS

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone,

I may need the assistance of a Chroming company and am looking for any testimonials from anyone who may have used one in the past.

I've lined up a few companies to try and get quotes from, but I'd rather go with a company that someone here has used before and was happy with the results. Does any one have any experiences or recomendations? Has anyone had their nice shiney Cylon chromed over here in Blighty?

Any help would be very much appriciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Chroming companies in th UK? Any experiences?

Hi everyone,

I may need the assistance of a Chroming company and am looking for any testimonials from anyone who may have used one in the past.

I've lined up a few companies to try and get quotes from, but I'd rather go with a company that someone here has used before and was happy with the results. Does any one have any experiences or recomendations? Has anyone had their nice shiney Cylon chromed over here in Blighty?

Any help would be very much appriciated!

Thanks!

it may help if you let us know who you have lined up, i know of a great little company here in Birmingham

On the list at the moment are, Ashford Chroming and Castle Chrome , (first two hits on Google) but they look to be mainy automotive, a seemimgly more likely alternative may be Chrome Effects as they promote the fact that they can chrome almost any substrate material, not just metals. Do you have a name for your local Birmingham company?

I have used VMC several times. Vacuum metalizing. They have done a lot of movie work including the original trilogy.

wow! that Chrome Effects stuff looks great!
Would be interesting to find out how much they charge

They were very accomodating. I was getting a full C3P0 vacuum metalized gold and they let me put an Idol of Fertility, Cross of Coronado and MiB J2 (only got the chroming phase and was removed before the gold layer) in at no extra cost.

yep Kurty Boy beat me to it, i live very local to them

That's wonderful fellas, thanks for your input. I'll take a closer look in the morning and see about getting a quote from them too.

Much obliged!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back