Chopper Long Blades

Jsweeney

hey folks

right so i'm trying to make the long blades that chopper has in the movie.
i'm using foam which you get thats used on the floors for creches.
I'm finding it very difficult to get and draw the shape on right and i'll be honest it's getting fustrating as its not the first time i've tried to make them.

please help me with these

need pics,tips anything of use please

jonathan

try some construction foam with a bondo/fiberglass mix covering the foam, then sand. theres really no way i can think of that will balance support and weight evenly. I'd go for the extra weight to make them more stable myself. flimsy blades aren't pred like at all.

A member a few years ago made a Chopper suit with the long-blade, Hdogg I think. I believe he glued a few thin pieces of wood together, sanded them down to the look of the long blades. Next I think he added bondo and sanded them down. He had a handle to hold on to as well so the brunt of the weight wouldn't go solely on the gauntlets. I believe this is how he did it.

As for pics, check out the AVP section in the gallary.

Good to see a Chopper build, not too many of them! Good to see something different!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back