Casting with Fiberglass Resin?

Great info, Flynn.

Charles, I used to do glass layups of a large, flat, detailed piece in urethane. I used a translucent type intended for electrical project boxes, formulated by a local guy, with about a 10-minute setup time. The translucency let me get bubbles out of the mould details, and the setup time was long enough to still lay in the glass mat without a problem.

If that urethane was at all representative of longer-setting types then yes, it's not just possible, it's easy and good.

Cheers,
MG

Hello everyone i was doing some research trying to understand which type of resin i need. I am currently doing my masters on fiber composite materials and their possible architectural implications, namely hemp fiber. We did a few experiments with other adhesives that turned out to be a success, but now we need more structural integrity to the material thus better glue.
We currently making hemp fiber panels sprayed in place with no mold. We need a strong resin, ideally something environmentally friendly that does cause too much problems in clogging up the spray gun or ruining our equipment.
this video was the initial research done, now we are more focused on the part of the video at 1:20 the mid section.
We have the spray gun mounted on a KUKA industrial robot allowing us to precisely control how each part is sprayed. With a spool of hemp fiber that is being separated using air pressure.

Looking forward to hearing your recommendations. Thanks

Jean

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back