Captain EO and The Borg

JediG60racer

Sr Member
Took my daughter to Disneyland Friday, and I must admit I have not seen Captain EO since approximately 1986. Once was enough, never needed to see it again in its horrific cheesiness.

But LittlestJedi wanted to see it with her friends (my godsons) so in we went.

WOW.

I had no idea that the entire concept of the Borg and the Borg Queen was born from Captain EO.

Yup. All there. The costumes, the Gigeresque designs, the drones nesting in wall enclaves, the Borg Queen suspended from black biomechanical hoses, taunting our antihero... I guess the Trisha Trenton Solid Gold choreography style dance numbers would have been too much to bring into Star Trek Voyager, but just about everything else about the Borg was taken from this short film.

So. Nothing new under the sun, I guess.

Related by off topic: I did notice Eddie Van Halen's guitar lying in the corner of Captain EO's ship as a prop among the clutter... but was disappointed that the entire soundtrack lacked guitar of any sort.

I think the concept of the Borg queen and the drones have been independently developed. You can also say Capt. EO has ripped off bee and hives. Everything is similar in one of another form.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back