Canon In The Works.....

UnitedHerps

Just got my paper canon done. So now i can finally take measurements from this model and start making one in wood.

project pics to follow.....

Pitoon

DSC08533.JPG

DSC08534.JPG

DSC08535.JPG

ok so i've decided to start work on canon verse the bio as i'm waiting to do an order on the clay.

what i have here is a piece of 2x4 i had in my garage. before any work could be done i had to clean it up some.

so i ran it through the planer to clean the faces. but as you can see the sides where not square. so i had to run it through the jointer.

the board was then cut in half and prepared for gluing.

glue was applied and spread on one side of the boards, then clamped together to dry.

more to follow....

Pitoon

DSC08536.JPG

DSC08537.JPG

DSC08538.JPG

DSC08539.JPG

DSC08540.JPG

DSC08541.JPG

DSC08542.JPG

was in the woodshop today so took some time and worked on the canon.....

last night i drew up the template as close as i could get to the paper canon. the template was then cut out and transfered onto the best possible spot on the wood.

once i had the outline i cut the rest off on the bandsaw up to the line to minimize sanding later on.

after i had the canon completed cut, i then moved onto marking the pucks that extends out on the rear of the canon. i cut the circle off on template and then laid out the outline onto the wood. for the puck i didn't cut at the line yet left about 2-3mm of wood outside of the line so i could then finish the edge completely on the sander.

now i had a clean edge to make the chamfer on the puck with the router.

the canon is coming along nicely. one i get the basic shape in i can then begin adding the details.

more to follow...

Pitoon

DSC08543.JPG

DSC08544.JPG

DSC08545.JPG

DSC08546.JPG

DSC08547.JPG

DSC08548.JPG

DSC08549.JPG

DSC08550.JPG

DSC08551.JPG

DSC08552.JPG

DSC08553.JPG

DSC08554.JPG

DSC08555.JPG

DSC08557.JPG

DSC08558.JPG

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back