Suggestion Can we get a hidden "dislike" list in our CP?

Garthok

Sr Member
I know that this, in a way, goes against the spirit of the RPF. But for lack of a better word, can we get the aforementioned "dislike" list. Or some way to add members names or a note in our User CP, that for what ever reason you would rather not do business with, or don't necessarily agree with certain policies they have voiced, maybe about recasting etc?

I know we have the ignore feature, it's not about ignoring them. They may be perfectly reasonable people, who's opinions and perspective you otherwise thoroughly enjoy. But based on something they say you make a mental note not to buy from, sell to or get on a run with, or whatever.

It is just something I have thought of from time to time and figured it was worth asking. As always I look forward to replies that show me why this is a dumb idea..from people I want to add to my list :lol

This also has no relevance to any recent posts or threads. It has to do seeing an old thread, with a member who was ultimately banned and it reminded me of the idea.

I think this is a dumb idea, and i demand to be put on your list! ;)

No, this is a fair idea although i might suggest taking it one step beyond just a ****-list and make it a notepad of sorts. It would be nice to be able to place your own custom meta-tags on users too. :)

I think this is a dumb idea, and i demand to be put on your list! ;)

No, this is a fair idea although i might suggest taking it one step beyond just a ****-list and make it a notepad of sorts. It would be nice to be able to place your own custom meta-tags on users too. :)

Demand? You are one of the reasons I came up with the idea! :lol
Yeah, the "dislike" name is rubbish, It was just for the lack of a better way to phrase it. A notepad of sorts would be perfect, it would save me having post it's all over my comp

Last edited:
What speaks against using the ignore feature on people you don´t like/don´t want to do business with?

I know, all posts of those people will be ignored, but it can´t get any safer and easier, I´d say.

Michael
RPF staff

There are people who I'd be hapy to hold a lively conversation with on the forum, but who I wouldn't touch with a dirty penny taken out of the mouth of a dead hooker that's been floating in the Thames river for weeks.

There are people who I'd be hapy to hold a lively conversation with on the forum, but who I wouldn't touch with a dirty penny taken out of the mouth of a dead hooker that's been floating in the Thames river for weeks.

That's exactly it.

The ignore feature is a good option for some people, although I don't use it. For me It feels a little like putting your fingers in your ears and saying "la la la I can't hear you"

There are a lot of members, with very similar screen names. So every now and then you will deal with someone and be thinking.."is this the unsavoury person who once said....?" or that you made a mental note never to do business with, or what ever the reason. But a year later (or a week for me), the name rings a bell but you can't remember why.

A notepad section like rollerboi suggested would be perfect

Jannix Quinn said:
You could PM yourself and put it in a custom folder. That would work as a note.
Ooh, what an excellent idea. I hadn't even thought of that! :thumbsup

Even old dogs can learn new tricks, it seems!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back