Can any machinists make this?

GrenadeKing

Sr Member
edgewaterbuffer4.jpg

It's about an inch at the widest point and less than 6 inches in length (the picture is about twice the size of the real thing) and is made from aluminum. It is 2 parts that are joined together via roll pin. There are very small ribs on the grey end cap, I never did anything like that in machine shop so I'm not sure how hard that would be (I'm guessing it would be somewhat difficult). There are also some small rings made from spring steel inside the cap but, again, not sure of the feasability of making those. Anyway, I can come up with detailed plans, materials, etc, I'm just looking for a general "I can probably do that." or a link to a reasonably priced machine shop that could knock out 1 or 2.

The original vintage part goes for upwards of $100. Obviously, if it's much more than that to turn out 1 or 2 then it's not worth while.

Yeah it can be done ,but with 2 different machines most likely and it would not be cheap, depending on what machine they use and how many axis ... that machine has to duplicate that part....I would check into it anyway ,just to get an idea on a price range ,each shop charges differently....Guy

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back