Call of duty WAW Ray gun from Nazi Zombies

SUPERprops

Well here is my ray gun so far, it still needs alot of work(gonna work on it in about a week cuz i'll be out of town)

NOTE: I have not started the front.

here it is:

ebay005n.jpg

ebay004y.jpg

ebay003c.jpg

ray_gun.jpg

let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Very awesome, so far! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Have you figured out if yours will be funtionable?

I will be trying to make mine so that you can press a button and it will open so you can reload it... and it might even have some leds.

Is this your first project? I don't want to sound harsh but it looks a bit sloppy so far.

For example the grip pattern. The edges aren't aligned and they are all different sizes.

Good Luck!

FB

Is this your first project? I don't want to sound harsh but it looks a bit sloppy so far.

For example the grip pattern. The edges aren't aligned and they are all different sizes.

Good Luck!

FB

No it's not my first, the grips are not supposed to be aligned... Have you ever seen the gun? As for the rest, it just needs some sanding because after I put the putty on I almost burnt my finger off which gave me a 2nd degree burn so I couldn't smooth it out. Plus my camera is broke so the pics are a little blurry.

Like I said: It still needs Alot of work.

SUPERprops said:
No it's not my first, the grips are not supposed to be aligned... Have you ever seen the gun? As for the rest, it just needs some sanding because after I put the putty on I almost burnt my finger off which gave me a 2nd degree burn so I couldn't smooth it out. Plus my camera is broke so the pics are a little blurry.

Like I said: It still needs Alot of work.

The grips on the game model are actually flat, and the ridges are texture (normals maps give it the 3d appearance). Looks like the artist had to modify the shape of the grip to fit the hand better, and didn't bother with fixing the UV mapping to straighten it up since you can never actually see it in-game. He was the most junior guy on the team, and didn't tend to obsess over stuff like that anyway.

Anyway, I wouldn't try to replicate the artist's error. This isn't exactly like trying to replicate wonky stormtrooper or Vader asymmetry or anything. :lol

^ So are you saying that it would be more accurate to paint the grips on instead of sculpting them?

^ So are you saying that it would be more accurate to paint the grips on instead of sculpting them?

Not at all. I was just giving a technical explanation of why the grips appear wonky on the game model, and that it was not intended to be that way. I would certainly model the grips out, and straighten them up.

Good luck on this project. I will be very interested in seeing the outcome since I am addicted to this game.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back