Build Rey's new saber contest now closed for entries

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries

If there's any more room on the list, I'll totally build a lightsaber! Count me in!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
yes, welcome

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any best practices or unspoken rules for taking on that responsibility? I won't be part of the build contest and it sounds like something I could do, but I don't want to make a mess of things.
nothing to mess up, just post files from members. That would be great if you are willing. Thank you

My opinion is give everyone at least 30 Days.

- - - Updated - - -

Will you be setting it up as a voting thread?

Okay, I'll collect and post photos. You can email them to me at drewdrewit+rey@gmail.com .
thank you. I have been meaning to send you a pm, however I have been down with a cold. I will be in touch :cheers

- - - Updated - - -

My opinion is give everyone at least 30 Days.

- - - Updated - - -

Will you be setting it up as a voting thread?
we were going 6 weeks to give plenty of time. Also the cold weather states need help and time for painting. And yes, there will be a voting pole on this page.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as we have effectively now started, is there an end date yet?
not yet, but yes, we need to figure that out. Let's give it till Sunday and then agree on an end date.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing I will add is try to keep control of the show off thread. I’d make it no comments so it is easier for everyone to see the entries. Also limit the pics to 2-3.
that is why I asked for a non participating member to post pics. 2 or 3 was the limit plus a brief text description

Perhaps update the first post with all these details so folks like me that miss those posts in the thread know what’s up. Great job so far! Looking forward to seeing and building.

Sorry guys, I've been under the weather. Give me some time to clear up and I will post updates.

Just so I have this straight, we are sending Drew pictures of the completed saber along with a writeup, then, after voting is done, we can post build progressions, correct?
yes,but only after the voting results are in. Otherwise this would defeat the purpose of a non participating member posting for us :)

Is there an official start date yet? We we start gathering parts now? Or do we have to wait for the start day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there an official start date yet? We we start gathering parts now? Or do we have to wait for the start day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we agreed there doesn't have to be a start date. Too many factors this time of year for weather and climate changes plus it can give others the opportunity to join in as long as they finish by the end on time . But we do need to set a due by date. I think we can start voting on the final date on sunday.

I think we agreed there doesn't have to be a start date. Too many factors this time of year for weather and climate changes plus it can give others the opportunity to join in as long as they finish by the end on time . But we do need to set a due by date. I think we can start voting on the final date on sunday.
This thread has already been going for two weeks and we still haven't gotten an end date. We should get that figured out ASAP

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Ok people. Let's begin voting on a deadline. I would like to have one by Sunday the 14th. Also, I think we already agreed that there didn't need to be a start date. This will give everyone the head start to help out with paint finishing for those in harsh cold weather climates, as well as those with heavy commitments.

Once we have the end date, this doesn't mean that the entries have been cut off. You are still welcome to enter, however, you must still finish and submit your entries by the deadline.

Alright. Let the voting begin.

Can we see an updated entry list on post 1 as I would love to see who’s in

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back