Buck Rogers Thunder Fighter

Wolfman55X

I pulled a very old Buck Rogers Thunder Fighter out of the bottom of the "I built this when I was a kid box" and started a restoration and update. I don't have a pilot figure and Federation models (the only one I could find) figure is well out of stock. Does anyone have any ideas on a pilot figure that would work? I've rescribed the entire model and upgrading the cockpit. It's coming along just need that pilot figure to place and close up the fuselage.

Randy

Screenshot_20190218-194026_eBay.jpg

Is it the Monogram Thunder Fighter?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190218-194026_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190218-194026_eBay.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 113
I love this fighter!

It started off as a sketch for Star Wars, almost became the BSG Viper until it finally found a home with Buck Rogers. I wish it could be re-released but IIRC the licensing is too difficult to straighten out.

The wing has been rescribed and tip reshaped. The underside of the fuselage has damage from a kit with matches.

Attachments

• 20190128_170550.jpg
    20190128_170550.jpg
    601.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 20190126_222622.jpg
    20190126_222622.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
You could try here,
buck rogers custom 1/35 scale seated starfighter pilot | eBay
or if you prefer a standing pilot,
buck rogers custom 1/35 scale standing female starfighter pilot | eBay

A chap by the name of Steven Carricato did a resin version of the Thunderfighter, same size as the kit. You can reach him here,
https://www.facebook.com/steven.carricato
one of his kits on evilbay,
Buck Rogers In The 25th Century Starfighter Model 1:35 Resin Kit | eBay

Hope this helps.
Bought It! The seated pilot. I'd had looked on EvilBay just last week. Thanks so much for the help.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back