Bubo. Someone with more skills than me please make one.

Tom1971

Sr Member
Will someone with more skills than I could ever possibly have please make a 1/1 Bubo from the original Clash of the Titans???

The Gentle Giant is way too small although neat.

The rubber one is horribly inaccurate.

I can not find anything for Bubo that's any good.

Judging by the price going for G.G. Bubo that was originally for $60 and now go for a whole lot more I would say there is a market.

this sculpt ?

Pegasus-and-Bubo-the-Owl-from-Clash-of-the-Titans.jpg

i think its the actual movie prop. the photo is from the Ray Harryhausen exhibition at the London film museum.
as are these
Ray+Harryhausen+Exhibition+London+Film+Museum+Bubo.png
8738661771_e40af5f456_b.jpg
Ray+Harryhausen+Exhibition+London+Film+Museum+Instalation+of+Pieces.jpg
Ray+Harryhausen+Myths+Legends+Exhibition+XET5faQGylel.jpg
looks like it has some damage over the years, his "beard" is missing a spike and his eyes are a bit wonky. i can make some patterns out of paper for all the tin bending work in the morning , right now i need to get some sleep

The Gentle Giant is way too small although neat.

The rubber one is horribly inaccurate.

I can not find anything for Bubo that's any good.

I know exactly what you mean. There's definitely a lack of options out there when it comes to Bubo, isn't there? I ended up putting one of the foam-rubber costume versions in my display-case years ago as a kind of 'place holder' until something better came along, but alas...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I know exactly what you mean. There's definitely a lack of options out there when it comes to Bubo, isn't there? I ended up putting one of the foam-rubber costume versions in my display-case years ago as a kind of 'place holder' until something better came along, but alas...

View attachment 515981 View attachment 515982 View attachment 515983

Yeah, this is actually your fault. Clash of the Titans being one of my favorites I had no idea a Bubo was made until I saw yours and immediately bought one. Like you said, it's a place holder and I have it buried so not even that. I missed the GG Bubo. Cool for $60 but no way for $300 +. I got excited until I saw how small it was. Still looked at getting one but gave up.

So, yeah. This is actually all your fault :lol:angry

^ ^ ^ ^

That's not the first time I've heard that.

(For what it's worth, I still blame Brad and Alan for
most of my prop-related neurosis, so ...)

My deepest apologies, Sir.

^ ^ ^ ^

That's not the first time I've heard that.

(For what it's worth, I still blame Brad and Alan for
most of my prop-related neurosis, so ...)

My deepest apologies, Sir.

Yeah, they are trouble makers as well along with a few others. Sarednab, Relicmaker, and a ton of others just throwing prop drugs in front of us addicts saying, come on,....come one,..it's just a few props,...we promise.."

People showing off all their stuff and others offering it for sale.

We are in the family and no one leaves the family,...at least alive.

Tom

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back