Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thrones)

And now for something completely different... :D

Photo by Tested.com

I wanted to be silly and do a bunny at DragonCon this year. I had a few different group ideas, but I really loved the idea of doing a BrienneBunny and having a Game of Thrones group. And ta da! I made it happen. :)

Photo by Bryan Humphrey

I'm thrilled with how the group turned out. Everyone was really creative in designing their outfits, which I love. We also won Best Group at the Bunny Hutch Costume Contest!

Sadly our Drogo had a flight delay and couldn't make it Thursday night, but a few of us got together for the Game of Thrones shoot on Saturday, too.

Photo by c_sherm

For Brienne, I wanted most of my accessories to resemble her armor. All the armored bits are made from foam and either Worbla or TerraFlex.

Rc2WRzDl.jpg

Instead of a normal collar, I made a smaller version of her gorget to serve as a neckpiece. I made the cuffs work similarly to her bracers, though Chicago screws serve as cufflinks (rather than closing with leather straps). I originally planned to wear my shin armor with this, but it ended being way too loose without boots under them.

yTJsNSsl.jpg

I wanted a little sword, and since we didn't have time to 3D print one, I found a toy sword online and painted it to look like Brienne's.

5BUpOK7l.jpg

Having made her actual armor, this was fairly easy to put together. The worst part was the damn bunnysuit, which I'll need to remake if I ever want to wear this again. But the second one should be much easier, now that I know what I'm doing.

Anyway, thought you guys might get a kick out of this! For a "silly" costume, it sure was a ton of work!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back