Brian Muir signing in Florida, 17th April 2010

A huge thanks to Brian and his wife Lindsay for coming out to join us for our big event on the 17th!

Here's a few photos from the show:

IMG_0261.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg
IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg
IMG_0301.jpg

Anyone know who's Raiders poster is getting signed in the pic above? If it's anyone here could you tell me who else you have on it?

I know what you mean about doing sketch cards. I would love to get into them. I know someone from College who does them, and when I ask him how to break into it, he is very hesitant to give me any info and always eludes the answer or subject. I guess people who do them, don't want to help other break into it. Maybe they just worry that too many artists will take work away from them?? I really don't know.

Looks like a great event, Chris.

Frankly I'm shocked by the turn out. I wouldn't have thought somebody from the crew would be such a draw other than the 'name' crew members like Frank Oz, Ben Burtt, etc. Awesome!

Hector

I know what you mean about doing sketch cards. I would love to get into them. I know someone from College who does them, and when I ask him how to break into it, he is very hesitant to give me any info and always eludes the answer or subject. I guess people who do them, don't want to help other break into it. Maybe they just worry that too many artists will take work away from them?? I really don't know.

A friend of mine , Andy Price , does them exclusively these days. He went to Joe Kubert but was never fast enough to make it in the real comic book business. I've talked to several companies and it's pretty much a supply and demand. The talent is so broad that the skill level is very basic to advance. One you get in it's pretty easy to hook up with others. I know Andy does several hundred at a time for many series.
A sketch card is just another stunt for people to buy cards . they are randomly inserted in sets or just sold as is. Nothing special about them but people just like them for some reason.

I have seen some crapy cards and think...why the hell am I not doing these. Do they make good money, enough to do it as full time work though? I know my friend who is so secretive about it, still has his 9 to 5, 7 day a week job to pay the bills.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back