Boushh helmet help

Skirge66

Good morning fine people.
My wife currently has a 501st / Rebel Legion approved Boushh costume. Her helmet is a Todd (Sandman) kit, and it is absolutely beautiful. Only problem she has is the weight...the resin bucket is very heavy and she would like a lighter one.

That said, does anyone know of a lighter kit (leaning towards a 3D printed helmet) but there are quite a few options out there with regards to finding files and I am not sure who has the best version that would pass muster for legion approvals. I am trying to avoid buying multiple files and finding they just don't cut it. not to mention the cost of printing said files

I really would like to make my wife's trooping experience a little less uncomfortable and painful

The 3D Print Armory file is pretty good, so I would go for that one if you went the 3D printing route.

The screen used helmets were lightweight vacuum-formed plastic. The only makers that have made vac-formed helmets are Clothears and RS Propmasters. Clothears gave their moulds to Jon Bird/KillStripe Studios. Jon still makes them from time to time. You can see if he is able to sell you a kit. I've tried to order a finished helmet from him and get on his wait-list with no success. The RS Propmasters is wildly expensive and preorders sold out immediately, so it's not available to order.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back