Blakes 7 Stardrive scratchbuild

KevinD

Sr Member
Here is my replica of the photonic drive from Blake's 7 season 4. Fitted to Scorpio, shortly after they stole it.

I couldn't get any of the parts that were used in the original, so had to scratchbuild every part. I mainly used plywood, plasticard, aluminium and perspex. Put lights and sound in it too.

Stardrive1.jpg
Stardrive2.jpg
stardrive3.jpg
Stardrive5.jpg
Stardrive4.jpg

Attachments

• Stardrive1.jpg
    Stardrive1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Stardrive1.jpg
    Stardrive1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 33
Hi Kevin! Not been on this site for about 300 years, but as the owner of the original stardrive prop, I’ve got to say you’ve done a FANTASTIC job! The image came up in a search - I thought “Where did he get a photo of it?” Of course, I should’ve known better! It’s you, innit?!

The original prop was made from the “control module” of an old Honeywell computer from the late 60s/early 70s. It still has all the hardware inside and is fairly weighty, no wonder Avon and co. were huffing and puffing, lugging it around the quarry … err, I mean … Caspar!

If you are ever in need of photos of “stuff”, more than happy to oblige!

Well, all I can say is …

”KevinD”

”Who?”

Attachments

• IMG_2896.jpeg
    IMG_2896.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2897.jpeg
    IMG_2897.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2895.jpeg
    IMG_2895.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2894.jpeg
    IMG_2894.jpeg
    605.6 KB · Views: 69
Hi,

I'm really glad you like it. I was tempted to ask you for some pictures but didn't want to bother you. The auction photo helped a lot! Couldn't find a suitable computer part, so mine is a plywood box covered in plasticard, so I could swing it in the same casual manner that Avon uses with Orac. Not going to mind you!

Cheers

Here is my replica of the photonic drive from Blake's 7 season 4. Fitted to Scorpio, shortly after they stole it.

I couldn't get any of the parts that were used in the original, so had to scratchbuild every part. I mainly used plywood, plasticard, aluminium and perspex. Put lights and sound in it too.

View attachment 1724683View attachment 1724684View attachment 1724687View attachment 1724688View attachment 1724689
As always, utterly stunning work.
I salute you Sir!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back