Blade Runnner 2049 City Miniatures - Weta Workshop

Damn, that's cool! Wish I would have worked on it. super cool that they used miniatures though.

Yeah its great that they used miniatures... shame the compositors did their darndest to make 'em look like CG.
Some of those BTS photos with the smoke atmosphere come close to the original Blade Runner feel, unfortunately that's all been lost in the shots as they appear in the movie.

Bravo. They hit it out of the park. I noticed laser cut MDF for the base structures? The put them together like a big fun jigsaw.

Yeah its great that they used miniatures... shame the compositors did their darndest to make 'em look like CG.
Some of those BTS photos with the smoke atmosphere come close to the original Blade Runner feel, unfortunately that's all been lost in the shots as they appear in the movie.

Making it look like the original movie was not the intention. The director and Rodger Deakins wanted it to look like the city was almost underwater and that the environmental collapse had accelerated in the intervening years. The final look is a deliberate choice and motivated by the story and the fact that the world has degenerated in the meantime.

The photos do look nice though.

Yep, all laser cut on MDF it seems, even the "brick/panel work. Lovely work and the effects are just so cool:cool

G6YBpuQ.jpg

I can I.D. at least one kit :lol

99120101069_SpaceMarineDropPod03.jpg

minifig

...There are a few other Games Workshop kits that I've spotted in other behind-the-scenes photos too. There was also a Bandai Death Star module too, from the 1/72 x-wing...

I haven't bought a new Cinefex in ages. Kind of gave up on it when everything went cgi.
I did the same thing, was a subscriber for years and then when all the photos of miniatures and animatronics changed into people staring at monitors and the words "propriety software" got used over and over again I stopped, I couldn't learn anything from the magazine any more.

yeah,i've got it.it's ok but article too small and not enough pages devoted to the miniatures.
there is a archive section where they reprint a few pages from the 1982 bladerunner issue in b/w ! why?
they should have left out the other movies and devoted whole issue to it.

Okay this is coming from a complete newb to model building, what exactly is the base of these models made out of? Wood or foam core? I cant tell from the photos. Also are any of these 3d printed? How is this kind of thing usually done?

Okay this is coming from a complete newb to model building, what exactly is the base of these models made out of? Wood or foam core? I cant tell from the photos. Also are any of these 3d printed? How is this kind of thing usually done?

Looks like the base is MDF.

SB

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back