Beware my power, "GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!"

GL Suit1.jpgGL Suit 2.jpg
Sorry for the bad pictures but I love the suit BUT..........
GL suit4.jpgGL suit5.jpgGL Suit3.JPG
As you can see the Lanterns were sewn in the wrong spot on the shoulders, AHHHH!!! So it looks like I have to start over, SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT! So disappointed, not sure if it's the seamstress or the file, Maybe I can just have the arms of the suit redone, here's to hoping.

Well since I am waiting on repairs I thought I would start sketching out my next project on this build. The power battery! Now I was going to buy one from another RPF member, but I'm who knows when he will have his done and ready to sell so just in case I figured I had better get busy. Here is the fellow RPF'er I am referring too.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=133358
Now I know that mine will be nothing like his, but I figure with some LED lighting and the ever popular EVA foam I can come up with something pretty freaking cool. I am using all of Luuke's sizes as a guide for my build. Here's mud in your eye....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455146593.383592.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455146613.016814.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455146629.999897.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455146642.350702.jpg
Well after searching for the perfect ring I finally gave up and commissioned a ring from Batjeepster. I couldn't happier with what he made. It's perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, this is an amazing thread...kyle is my favorite GL, I even have the first four comics of his first appearance completely signed...can't wait to see you finish this

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dude, this is an amazing thread...kyle is my favorite GL, I even have the first four comics of his first appearance completely signed...can't wait to see you finish this

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Very soon my friend. Just finishing up the details. I was not able to get his lantern so I have to go with Hal Jordan's till I can find his or make it myself.

Looks great! Curious to see how your paint holds up on them. The paint on my boots made it a whole day before cracking. Originally I was going to use the same boots but they look super plastic-y because of the large amount of shine.

Final pictures from the 2015 ECCC. I had my girls with me too. A great time
67d69bea331e59a1bdd59ff66421959c.jpg

144bf5f0d337154ff7d87322aa433127.jpg

c7dd89cc6a455f642ef55e01d29a4a6e.jpg

e995fd0993f1cb82b63f31977bb747ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! Curious to see how your paint holds up on them. The paint on my boots made it a whole day before cracking. Originally I was going to use the same boots but they look super plastic-y because of the large amount of shine.

The boots held up great. Just put some Gel insoles in them and I had no issues.

The boots held up great. Just put some Gel insoles in them and I had no issues.

I was thinking for some reason you had painted the boots as well. I'm thinking of trying to lightly spray them with some satin clear to knock a bit of the shine off of them. They're a little too glossy for my suit compared to the rest of it. Color is decent though. I've got gel insoles in mine as well.

I sprayed a clear coat over my bracers to brighten them up a bit. A satin clear coat would probably help. Just so much movement with the feet that I didn't want to chance painting mine. Good luck though. Saw your suit, very cool, Love the 52 version. I'm going to go with the newer version of Kyle Rayner that Gun Head has made. I'm just a Rayner fan.

I sprayed a clear coat over my bracers to brighten them up a bit. A satin clear coat would probably help. Just so much movement with the feet that I didn't want to chance painting mine. Good luck though. Saw your suit, very cool, Love the 52 version. I'm going to go with the newer version of Kyle Rayner that Gun Head has made. I'm just a Rayner fan.

Thank you much! I'm thinking as long as I go light enough it should have plenty of flex still. I had to do a complete color change so it was multiple coats of paint here whereas all I need to do is knock the shine down a little if I start with the green ones. Honestly, I'm a fan of all the lanterns, moreso Hal Jordan but I like the 52 version a lot. :)

12735803_555027664662387_301882937_n.jpg so I have got a new pattern done by Supergeek designs that I am thinking of putting together. His work has gotten even better as the year has passed. I really like this version!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back