Bennett "Commando" Knife

SciFirepower

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Vernon Wells, who played the villain Bennett in "Commando" was supposed to be at Crypticon this year. I saw Commando in theaters in 1985 and consider it to be the Citizen Kane of 1980s action films, so I decided to put together a costume for the con.

For the production, several knives were commissioned through Jack Crane. Crane was happy to provide knives for Schwarzenegger, but did not want his knives being used by the "bad guys."

Bennett needed a knife for the climactic final fight, so the prop department took the blade off of an off-the-shelf survival knife and the handle from a GI trench knife and welded them together. For my project, I did the exact same thing.

I couldn't find specifics on Bennett's knife other than Blu-Ray pauses and photos of replicas, so I went with a standard survival knife blade from the cheapest steel knife I could find. I bought the base knife and a trench knife from BudK (trying to stay in budget LOL).

I had my gunsmith do the welding and finished the handle and blade with Cerakote. I was really happy with the results!

Bennett-knife-parts-scaled.jpg

289364673_559479345622255_5699675299327627073_n.jpg

Unfortunately, Wells had to cancel his appearance at the con, but I've got another unique addition to the Scifirepower collection.

That's really cool. You did a great job! Commando brings back great memories. A true classic action flick of the time! :)

Ah Bennett.... The Freddy Mercury look-alike (I think Vernon actually said he patterned the look after him) that was angry when his good friend John kicked him out of the unit.... :D

Bennett Knife.jpg

John: Come on Bennett, throw away the chicken **** gun, you don't just want to pull the trigger, you want to put the knife in me, and look me in the eye, and see what's going on in there when you turn it, that's what you want to do, right?

Bennett: I can kill you John!

John: Come on, let the girl go, just between you and me, don't deprive yourself of some pleasure. Come on Bennett, let's party!

Bennett: I can beat you! I don't need the girl! I don't need the girl! I don't need the gun, John! I can beat you! I don't need no gun! I'm gonna kill you now!

Bennett: John, I'm not going to shoot you between the eyes. I'm going to shoot you between the balls!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back