Beginner's Grail Diary (Printable Pages + Inserts)

Whoops meant to say transcript of the cursive handwriting not translation.
there is no real translation or transcript as it is all made up mostly by the one making it, and there are so many different versions, but Marc Ritters text and the digital grail diary for the computer game are mostly used as reference, just google them and you should find PDFs of both somewhere.

Hello, and thanks so much to everyone for all their helpful info! I'm gearing up to start my build, but I had a few questions I was hoping I could get answered before starting:

1. Is there a preferred paper or paper weight that I should use as my paper stock when printing?
2. Should I tackle weathering before or after assembling the journal? What's everyone else been doing?
3. For the front/back covers, would it be recommended to use a heavier book-board, or should I simply adhere the leather to the top page?

Thanks in advance!

Someone is currently selling the exact same PDFs via Etsy:

Journal of the Grail Inserts Indiana Jones Prop Replica | Etsy

"So here is my last "production", Henry Jones's Grail Journal, in Indiana Jones and the last crusade.
I am given the utmost care, both in the realization and in the details.
I have all redraw in Illustrator and then process in Photoshop."

I got a refund because the seller was unable to provide the advertised inserts.

Dylan, if you created these PDFs, drop me a PM with your Paypal and I'll send you the 10$ ;)

Insane,,,,this prop got me into props, Ill start with the first printing and test tomorrow. Thank you!!!!!!

Gus

Hello, and thanks so much to everyone for all their helpful info! I'm gearing up to start my build, but I had a few questions I was hoping I could get answered before starting:

1. Is there a preferred paper or paper weight that I should use as my paper stock when printing?
2. Should I tackle weathering before or after assembling the journal? What's everyone else been doing?
3. For the front/back covers, would it be recommended to use a heavier book-board, or should I simply adhere the leather to the top page?

Thanks in advance!

I too would be interested in answers to this question. Also whats the best way to weather the paper?

Cheers,
Josh

I've completed stitching the signatures and making all of the inserts except one; the long Arabia map. I cannot find an accurately sized one anywhere and I have hunted all through Zenkeeper and Club Obi Wan. Does anybody have any leads?

Here's the larger image. I'm sure someone else posted it before on another thread but can't recall now who that was
A Map of Egypt and Sinai from Picturesque Palestine Egypt & Sinai Vol-4 1880.jpgA Map of Egypt and Sinai from Picturesque Palestine Egypt & Sinai Vol-4 1880.jpg
Here is the original book its from. You can download the raw images of the individual pages in the download section on the right.
They're slightly larger than this one but you have to stitch the two pages together if you're after the one map.
pages 20&21

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back