Battle Hardened Pred Bio- First ever attempt

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As the title suggests this is my first ever paint up on a 1;1 sized Bio so please be nice with your criticisms

This is one of Casey's (bio hunter) Bios and i was extremely impressed with the product and Casey is a top guy to deal with too.
I have another Bio thats being Professionally done buy Daz (suckface) as soon as thats done i will post pictures for you.

anyway on with this Bio

Battle Hardened hmmmmmm now im not into your run of the mill cannon type itmes i like things to be a little different in some cases unique which i believe this to be.
I like to think that Predators travel the galaxy getting into all types of scrapes during their Hunts and as we have seen during the movies they sometimes meet their match.
I thought about how many Places a Pred would go during his time and what type of prey they would encounter on their travels and like to think that a battle Hardened Predators Bio-Helmet would show the signs of Battle.

So i took Caseys excellent bio and basically cut and scratched into it to try and give it that Battled Hardened look before you reel back in horror at what ive done take a look at the progress first .............

Stage One weathering
pred2v.jpg

pred1.jpg

Laser Housing and eye Mesh Fitted

pred3.jpg

All sanded and cleaned up ready for primer

pred4.jpg

Primed (and yes thats a female torso its resting on)

pred5.jpg

A nice thin coat of Silver

pred6.jpg

Main Color now added and all the Silver masked off, i like to use the Vaseline method

pred7.jpg

Ive now removed all the vaseline and begun to Black wash the Bio i also lightly rubbed the whole Bio with iron wool to take away the metalic sheen which lives a nice dull golden type Brass look

pred8.jpg

More weathering now applied which hopefully takes the eye off the Scars and Battle damage, Brass Cheek fitting added, Temple side Tubes and LED shroud.

pred9.jpg

Side View of Bio - I need to find something much darker to fit behind the Mesh for the reason that will come clear in a couple of pictures or so

pred11.jpg

This picture is a bit Blurred sorry about that

pred13.jpg

As mentioned i need to find something to put behind the Eye mesh to make it darker, hope you like the Eyes

pred14.jpg

pred15.jpg

Well there you go, all done i hope you like what i have done and as mentioned this is my very first attempt .

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back