Batman Capes For Sale?

Athanasius

Hey everyone,

So I was just wondering, where did everyone get their Batman capes from?

I've seen some amazing capes on here but the only ones I've seen for sale are Coofunkurly's, and don't get me wrong they are SUPER amazing, they're just out of my price range...

Are there any other options out there?

I've got one from eBay and it's actually pretty good it just is a little short. I don't particularly mind that but it's also quite narrow, I can't get it to close at the front so it has to be installed like the Nolan version where it just goes over the shoulders and stays at the back.

It's not a huge issue, and I'm in no way discrediting or disrespecting Coofunkurly as I love his work and I've got a huge order coming from him currently (which is why my budget has disappeared in the first place haha...), I just wanted to know if there are any slightly more affordable options, and wanted to take the opportunity to see other people's capes...

Thanks everyone!

Athanasius

What price range are you looking to be in? It might be worth it to wait until you can get coofunkcurly's cape. His "stunt" cape can completely wrap around you, as it is very "full." It really is the best you can find!

Well I didn't have an exact number but as I understand it Coofunkurly's capes are around $300 USD not including shipping. That translates to a lot more in Australian dollars and shipping something that big would bring a decent chunk of money with it for shipping I'm assuming...

So the total for me for Coofunkurly's cowl would probably end up being pretty close to $500, probably more depending on the shipping.

I was hoping for something around the $200 mark maybe? :\

I understand you get what you pay for and Coofunkurly makes insanely awesome gear, but I've already paid heaps of money lately investing in my current batsuit build, and I'm basically out of money so I need a cheap solution.

To be honest the cape I have now will serve, I've just always wanted one that I can wrap around the front like in the comics and animated series.

Fellow Aussie here :) yet to get a cape for my builds....maybe try Spotlight and see what fabrics they have and make your own?would work out cheaper too,there's heaps of cape tutorials on the web to look up.

Fellow Aussie here :) yet to get a cape for my builds....maybe try Spotlight and see what fabrics they have and make your own?would work out cheaper too,there's heaps of cape tutorials on the web to look up.
Yeah that definitely occurred to me, I just thought that if I did it myself the Cape would need to be split into quite a few segments and due to my complete lack of sewing skills and experience, it probably wouldn't end that well...

Having said that, it's starting to seem like the only option to be able to acquire the look I want for my build.

I'll definitely look into it, thanks for the help!

Wish she had a clearer sale page of some kind-- but the Babsbat work does look good!

Me too...hey athanasius, what do you have coming from coofunkcurly?I have a few things coming myself lol.I have his origins v2 cowl displayed and bout is it just pure awesome.

Me too...hey athanasius, what do you have coming from coofunkcurly?I have a few things coming myself lol.I have his origins v2 cowl displayed and bout is it just pure awesome.

I've got the Origins V2 cowl plus the gauntlets and belt, and I've asked for the Cryptographic Sequencer as the bonus gadget coz he was offering a bonus for a little while.

I ordered it a little while ago, still waiting on it but it's still well within the time frame he mentioned so I've still got a few weeks to wait.

I've also got a Frank Miller style DKR cowl on order through Rocketeer.

How's your build going Solefreak88? Have you started a WIP thread?

No, not yet.it hasn't been moving along as I have wanted it to .so far I have the chest done as I showed you, got some awesome tactical gloves that just came in the mail,v2 cowl and gauntlets on order. The foam is a new experience for me trial and error but on my list next I'd the biceps and tri ceps along with a costume back template I'd like to come up with but doesn't seem like that might happen since with no working pc,I can't convert or print pep files which kinda stinks right now.

By any chance do you have any arkham files that you have or can convert for me to pdf?

Btw heres my display, added leds looks pretty cool.

No, not yet.it hasn't been moving along as I have wanted it to .so far I have the chest done as I showed you, got some awesome tactical gloves that just came in the mail,v2 cowl and gauntlets on order. The foam is a new experience for me trial and error but on my list next I'd the biceps and tri ceps along with a costume back template I'd like to come up with but doesn't seem like that might happen since with no working pc,I can't convert or print pep files which kinda stinks right now.

By any chance do you have any arkham files that you have or can convert for me to pdf?

Nah unfortunately I don't have any files, I've never done any pep work. All the templates I've used came from the RPF though, so with some digging around you should be able to find some. I couldn't find templates for the back either, but the good news is that I'm working on drawing those templates by hand myself, so I'll put them up on my build thread as soon as I've finished them. They won't be in pep format obviously, but hopefully they'll still be of some use to you. The other good thing is that since the back would be covered by the cape, you've kinda got free reign there, unless you're trying to recreate a 100% screen accurate suit, you can do whatever you want for the back.

What are your plans for the cape?

Just trying to get this thread back on topic haha... :\

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. that display is awesome!

And Coofunkurly's cowl is a masterpiece, I can't wait to get mine! I never get sick of seeing pictures of it haha...

Also, just as an update to this thread, I'm trying to draw up some templates by hand for my cape and I think I'm going to try my hand at sewing my own from scratch, if I can get enough fabric for a decent price.

If it works out I'll post the pattern/templates/sketches on this thread.

Hey everyone, I've come up with a VERY rough sketch of what I think the pattern should look like, I'm going to make it as a full circle cape so that there's no chance of me not being able to close it at the front.

I'm also making it ridiculously huge haha, so hopefully it's gonna be nice and big like the Batman Begins one...

Cape Template Rough Sketch.JPG

So the upper point will be separate, not joined, that's the front of the cape and I'll obviously cut the small circle part out to fit my neck.

The front points and the back point are longer than the rest, mostly just for fun but I've also noticed through looking at pictures of the Nolan cape that it sort of takes this shape too.

Anyway, I'm going to buy some fabric and try this out, I've never sewn before so we'll see how it goes...

It'll probably take a while to be honest as I'm working on the actual batsuit first and then I'll jump into this cape, so There should be an update maybe early to mid February.

In the meantime, we can still talk about Batman capes in general and where everyone got theirs from!

Thanks for reading,

Athanasius.

Hey everyone, I've come up with a VERY rough sketch of what I think the pattern should look like, I'm going to make it as a full circle cape so that there's no chance of me not being able to close it at the front.

I'm also making it ridiculously huge haha, so hopefully it's gonna be nice and big like the Batman Begins one...

View attachment 426162

So the upper point will be separate, not joined, that's the front of the cape and I'll obviously cut the small circle part out to fit my neck.

The front points and the back point are longer than the rest, mostly just for fun but I've also noticed through looking at pictures of the Nolan cape that it sort of takes this shape too.

Anyway, I'm going to buy some fabric and try this out, I've never sewn before so we'll see how it goes...

It'll probably take a while to be honest as I'm working on the actual batsuit first and then I'll jump into this cape, so There should be an update maybe early to mid February.

In the meantime, we can still talk about Batman capes in general and where everyone got theirs from!

Thanks for reading,

Athanasius.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back