Batgirl walkie-talkie

Meule

I have the base walkie-talkie to replicate the Batgirl walkie-talkie, but I'm not sure how to do the signs on it. Anyone have any ideas on how to do those or is there anyone out there that can help me with them?

Batgirl%20walkie%20talkie.jpg

I'm talking about the name plates on the walkie talkie that say "Batgirl" and "walkie talkie"

Oh my bad, that totally went over my head. I thought thats what you had, and you were going to add to it..my bad

Not sure what material it is, but it looks a little like that kind of bronze sticker/decal style that companies put onto trophies/awards (cheaper kinds instead of using full fledge plaques) and the words are either silk screened or printed on there

Any idea what font that is? And where could I have those decals made?

Hmm

I'm not really good at identifying fonts, but did a quick look through MS word..the only ones that come close are "Rod," "Narkism," "MS Gothic" and "simplified arabic"

As for where to get these made, perhaps a trophy store of some kind? I know a few places around that do that kind of customization

Everything is right except for the " A" for ITC Franklin Gothic . I was looking through my ACS3 and found numerous fonts that are close. It's a basic Sans Serif font that has been stretched and spaced. The " A" could be made to look right.
you could print them on a sheet of gold/glossy card stock available at Michael's or any craft store and attached them . Or even go further and make a small screen print for them both.

If you don't want it done as a papery label you could have a trophy shop laser engrave you plastic plaques in that font.

I like that it has her name on it so if it gets lost they know who to return it to.

You know, I always wondered - who orders their equipment with their superhero name on it? I mean, if this was real, is Batgirl worried that someone might mistake her walkie talkie for Green Lantern's? Are the Legion of Super Heroes so shady that they have to put their name on all their stuff??!!

If you don't want it done as a papery label you could have a trophy shop laser engrave you plastic plaques in that font.

I like that it has her name on it so if it gets lost they know who to return it to.

Doesn't look like the original was engraved. Trying to keep it as accurate as possible

Does anybody know what model radio that is? I suspect it may not be a walkie-talkie but an actual transistor radio due to the size of that speaker grill.

Does anybody know what model radio that is? I suspect it may not be a walkie-talkie but an actual transistor radio due to the size of that speaker grill.

Very possible! One label could be covering the AM radio dial setting and the other label could be covering the label from the original maker.

You know, I always wondered - who orders their equipment with their superhero name on it? I mean, if this was real, is Batgirl worried that someone might mistake her walkie talkie for Green Lantern's? Are the Legion of Super Heroes so shady that they have to put their name on all their stuff??!!

Superman did it in superman returns... Everything had tiny little S's on them :):lol

I have a couple laying around here somewhere, waiting to be transformed. Lemme dig 'em up and see what model they are. But unless I'm very much mistaken they are indeed walkie talkies. I had a set of them come in and they both still worked.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back