Batgirl armor

Bio

I started making some Batgirl armor for my girlfriend. I started out by wrapping her in plastic wrap and covering that in duct tape. Then I drew out my design and cut it out. Next this was traced on to paper, then on to EVA foam.

So far I just have attached to stomach sections with elastic so it's still flexible. Also the front is attached to the back with some elastic straps with buckles and some velcro.

If you'd like to see more of my work, you can check it out at https://www.facebook.com/BioCosplay

Attachments

• 20150714_232420_resized_1.jpg
    20150714_232420_resized_1.jpg
    811.8 KB · Views: 351
  • Batgirl 5.jpg
    Batgirl 5.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 321
  • Batgirl 4.jpg
    Batgirl 4.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 466
  • Batgirl 3.jpg
    Batgirl 3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 501
  • Batgirl 2.jpg
    Batgirl 2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 327
  • Batgirl 1.jpg
    Batgirl 1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Love the simple methods you used. The outcome looks great. Just make sure you never forget the plastic wrap before the duct tape. :lol

Also, idk what's going on in the room next to your kitchen, but I want to be there.

Almost finished the the gauntlets. They're held on with tape for the photo. Also here's a look at the shoulders

Attachments

• Batgirl 7.jpg
    Batgirl 7.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 277
  • Batgirl 6.jpg
    Batgirl 6.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 278
Where did the concept for this armor come from. It looks very original and I like.
Keep up the great work.
Thank you! It's just a design I sketched. I tried to find reference pictures of an armored Batgirl to base it off of, but I couldn't find much. Some of the general lines and shapes in the chest I based off the new 52 Batgirl, but I took a lot of inspiration from Halo and Mass effect armor (you can kind of see that in the stomach sections), as well as various Batman armor.

Today I made some shins and started on a foam cowl. The cowl still needs lots of dremeling to shape it and some ears.

Attachments

• Batgirl 11.jpg
    Batgirl 11.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 250
  • Batgirl 10.jpg
    Batgirl 10.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 178
I added ears to the cowl. The armor is just about ready to be sealed and painted! Haven't decided what I'll be sealing it with. I may just go with plastidip and a filler primer for this one

Batgirl 14.jpgBatgirl 15.jpg

Batgirl is complete! Well, I may still may some shoe armor to cover the laces, but... complete for now! She wanted the paint scheme to look similar to the new 52 costume. There's some weathering as well, but the lighting wasn't the best so it doesn't show up here. Once I have some better pictures I'll post those as well.

This will be worn to WVpop con this weekend and DragonCon. I also plan to do a short tutorial on female chest armor, but that will probably be after DragonCon, so stay tuned for that!

Batgirl 16.jpgBatgirl 17.jpgBatgirl 18.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back