Basic Thor Hammer

I think it looks great..

how did you secure/connect the pieces? (looks like all one piece in those pics?)

What did you use for the top? Aluminum as well? (solid?)

If you would have had some laser etching/marking done before (or after I guess) you cold have got the runes/engraving part done too..

I'd like to see some build pics if you got any.

great job!

Thanks Ox.

It's made from 1/4" thick plate. It is hollow and weighs about 6 pounds. If it were solid it would weigh about 30 pounds. but if you were to make the same thing out of steel it would weight double. I found aluminum was the best choice because of the polished color and comfortable handling weight. unfortunately one would be unable to pulverize much more than fruit. the con to aluminum is that is soft, even the hardest aluminum can be dinged and dented easily by the steel.

as fir the seem they were welded then sanded and polished. after all it needs to look as if it was made by sindri and brokkr, minus the fancy runes and scroll work. thought I wish I had access to some etching tools. I bet I could get the machine shop make me a stamp out of some high carbon steel. at that point I could punch or press the design in.

The handle is secured all the way through to the top cap.

It is 98% aluminum 2% premium leather lace. haha. I'm going to be making 2 or 3 more in the next few months after the completion of my gnomish mail box. I'll get some pictures of the production at that point.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back