Basic Suit Assembly Instructions

VaderDave

Ok, lets run this one up the flagpole and see who salutes! (Yes I realize I just dated myself )

You've spent lots of time, effort, and money and you finally have all the parts for your Pred. You have your bio wired with LED's. You have all your armor pieces. Your skins, hands, feet and mask are all painted and decked out. You have your nets, skulls and other embellishments and everything is laid out on the floor looking like a very deadly jigsaw puzzle...

Now what? :)

How do you take these items and turn them into a wearable Pred? How do you attach the armor to the skin or should you? Do you make some kind of harness for the backpack and other chest pieces to attach to? How do you attach them? Snaps, velcro, buckles?

I would like to hear from as many people as possible...Maybe we can gather enough tips together to turn this into the go to thread for assembling your parts. It seem we have tons of threads about making individual parts but nothing on bringing it all together.

SO....What say you, Members of the Lair...

You'll need a lot of velcro straps and velcro pads. Some thick super gooey glue to stick the velcro either from latex armor to latex skin or Resin armor to latex skin.
Plus some leather belts to strap the armor around your arms and legs. Anyway that's what I am doing based on my research....

Not sure what kind of glue to use though. Contact cement sucks. Superglue is okay for stuff that's no porous otherwise gets absorb right away... anyone?

well, I cheat on my gear, 'cause I use cheap-ass materials and try to tailor it to the suit.

I hold 90% of my gear on with industrial-strength velcro... strong and easy to work with. my gaunts lace up like shoes on the underside with leather strings and put enough pressure on the "sleeve" of my hands to make sure my gloves won't slide off unless I remove teh gaunt.

now... if you wanna talk what order to suit up....

since I don't have leg skins, I just toss on a pair of black sweatpants.
then the feet, followed by the shins.
then the upper skin.
upper armor goes on next, followed by the belt.
the spinal cover velcros to both of these in the back but stays connected to the backplate.
toss the mask on next followed by the gloves and the gauntlets.... I have ot have a friend tie the laces up on mine, as my gloves are kinda bulky and I can't feel a thing in 'em.

a support person comes in handy, as you could put one of the hands on first and lace up the gaunt to show your support person how to help you suit up the other arm and speak with them as they do so. then have them slip the mask on you.

I have a cheap voice changer I intend to use so I can communicate with people.

I'm going to get one of the hearing aid thingies to go with so I can hear as well as be heard :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back