Baronboutique.com, are they any good?

nitrox

Sr Member
I have been looking at this website and was thinking about ordering some clothing, but before I jump in with my money I thought I'd ask you guys your opinion on them.

Thanks

Dan.

Mixed bag. Some of their prototypes look truly awful, but the work I've received from them has been top notch, barring some small mistakes. Their Tennant suits are the best because of the leg work of a few of the fans to get their pattern spot on. I can't speak for the other items, though.

Mixed bag. Some of their prototypes look truly awful, but the work I've received from them has been top notch, barring some small mistakes. Their Tennant suits are the best because of the leg work of a few of the fans to get their pattern spot on. I can't speak for the other items, though.

I'm considering the new Skyfall suit from the 007 franchise, hopefully the workmanship from the Tennant suit carries over.

Their workmanship is pretty good, everything is sewn together well and interfaced properly. The problem I had with my Tennant suits is that they made a couple mistakes on the measurements and made the hips and sleeves too big. I've heard the sleeve thing from others as well, so you might want to specially request that they give you slim fit sleeves.

+1 on the sleeves/wrists.

They are straight-up vendors with pretty good communication, so they are completely legit and will work with you on getting what you want.

You definitely seem to get what you pay for in this game - imagine a scale with the cosplay companies at one end, magnoli and steve ricks at the other, and baron sort of in the middle.

I would actually put their tailoring on the same level as Magnoli. They don't put in the real effort when it comes to fabrics, but the tailoring is solid.

Agreed with everything that's been said before. If you have a specific fabric in mind, source it locally and send it to them - they'll reduce the price and you'll get a better end product.

Also, if it's a particularly tailored fit you want, take it to a local tailor when it arrives and spend an extra couple of bucks getting it taken in where it needs to. It'll make all the difference.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back