Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon Decals

Colonnello Kurz

Hi everyone,

it's my first post here, I'm a model maker fro Down Under, I do a little bit of everything, planes, tanks, figurines, but i am at my first sci-fi and what better start than the legendary Millenium Falcon, my idea is not to copy a prop in particular but to mix a little the details of the various props to get to a Falcon as "real" as possible.

I'm building the 1/72 Millennium Falcon by FineMoulds, unfortunately all the small graphics that were on the original 5ft model are missing from the decals sheet, like the triangular one above the Cockpit or the "Drive safely" on the back.

The Bandai model has the complete set of decals, unfortunately looks like they don't sell only the decals, so I wanted to print them myself or have them printed, I have the scan (Thanks to Jaitea who post the scan in here) but I have to resize them. Would someone who has the model on hand would be kind enough to tell me the exact size in mm of one of those 8 red rectangles or the triangular one on the cockpit? ... so I can easily find the right size.

Another question, which Windows program do you prefer to make this kind of works?

first time i do this job with decals,any advice is welcome!!

Thanks!

Ps: Sorry for my Gibberish-English it is not my mother tongue!

The Fine Molds Falcon was based on the 32" Falcon, which didn't have the decals. So they're not "missing" as such - Fine Molds was quite correct not to include them.

The two models are quite different in size, so printing the decal to size the Bandai kit won't help you determine the size for the Fine Molds kit. If you want to make a hybrid model, and you want to add five foot features to a 32" model, you're best off eyeballing the kit and comparing it to photos and just deciding what looks good to you.

Hi everyone,

it's my first post here, I'm a model maker fro Down Under, I do a little bit of everything, planes, tanks, figurines, but i am at my first sci-fi and what better start than the legendary Millenium Falcon, my idea is not to copy a prop in particular but to mix a little the details of the various props to get to a Falcon as "real" as possible.

Welcome Colonnello Kurz

Sounds like a cool project, go to town on it

I'll check the measurements, that scan should be 1/1 so even do a test print at 90% just to see how that turns out

John

One of the 6 red rectangles is just under 6mm

The top of the triangle piece is just under 5mm

E7DA5F21-F69C-4143-98D5-0F4172FB96C0.jpeg
849BC7B4-0D97-4E76-8FCB-EA04DD29B888.jpeg
0794CBF5-1B71-46AD-9920-ACC6801044A2.jpeg

Hope this helps, good luck with the project

John

Thanks so much Jaitea, perfect!....at least I have a starting point

nkg yes maybe I explained myself badly, I know that the FineMould model is derived from the 32 "and that the decals are not present on that, I meant that they are missing for what I want to do, then from the size of the Bandai I will try to eyeball the decal on my model

Jaitea can I ask you one last favor if it's not too much trouble?....can you tell me the size of the upper part of the central cockpit window under where the triangular decal goes, so I can calculate the proportion compared to the same piece on my model....yes i am a pain in the butt,like my wife enjoy to remember me every single day :cautious:

Ok so this cockpit frame is a cast of the pg Falcon that I have on my Joe Johnston Concept Falcon....but it is exactly the same size....just under 14mm

DB68D609-ACF9-499C-81D7-0208C272F970.jpeg
1C351007-3D00-4B6F-BE3A-BE010C63983D.jpeg
521A78E4-3249-4914-945D-2052EF9E7D0F.jpeg

Hope this helps

John

Not to take away from doing your own thing, but I was in the same boat and just paid JBot to print them up for me. 2 weeks from order to my door.
image-2020-08-16-09:16:29-240.jpg

Thanks a lot to both!

A question for mb1k, is JBOT decals still in business? ... how long ago did you get your decals? ... because from the site doesn't seem the Bloke is still in business .

There is also the COVID problem and since I live in rural North-Queensland which is a "Galaxy far far away" I risk that the decals will arrive for Christmas ... but only if I am a good kid!...:unsure:

Instead if I do print here I can have them in a shorter time. but trying doesn't hurt

I tried to contact JBOT Decals and unfortunately the answer was this ...

"Thank you for your interest in my decals. Unfortunately, I am not accepting any more orders. Good luck. Jimbo

I tried to contact JBOT Decals and unfortunately the answer was this ...

"Thank you for your interest in my decals. Unfortunately, I am not accepting any more orders. Good luck. Jimbo

Sorry for the delay. I ordered those about a month or so before the post.

Sorry to hear that he’s not taking orders anymore.

Hi everyone,

I'm building the 1/72 Millennium Falcon by FineMoulds, unfortunately all the small graphics that were on the original 5ft model are missing from the decals sheet, like the triangular one above the Cockpit or the "Drive safely" on the back.

The Bandai model has the complete set of decals, unfortunately looks like they don't sell only the decals, so I wanted to print them myself or have them printed, I have the scan (Thanks to Jaitea who post the scan in here) but I have to resize them. Would someone who has the model on hand would be kind enough to tell me the exact size in mm of one of those 8 red rectangles or the triangular one on the cockpit? ... so I can easily find the right size.

Another question, which Windows program do you prefer to make this kind of works?

first time i do this job with decals,any advice is welcome!!

Thanks!

Hi. I'm also new and from "down under :) Funny enough - I'm also looking for a scan of the 1:72 Falcon decal set. How did you obtain yours?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back