Bandai 1/48 X-Wing Red 4

That is a good option. It's bigger or smaller than 1/48?

they tend to be slightly bigger, but by how much varies. I think for the most part they are around 1/46

I don't have this set or I would get some measurements of the body diameter, but going off other sets I do have, for example...here is the Gun Tower set with Bandai 1/48 Snowspeeders, they tend to fit well enough with 1/48 vehicles

49539374152_3db45c2d3f_o.jpg

Looking good! I liked what you had done so much I had to grab one off Ebay just now...

Thanks for the inspiration, really like the paint job.

Someone who measured the R5 unit says the body diameter is around 11 mm. The R4 sculpt is supposedly the same size. From what I can tell, the Bandai R2 body is around 9 to 10 mm so the head may be a bit oversized and closer to 1/43 scale

I'm glad they finally came out with this. The 1/72 stuff is just way too small, and the 1:48 finemolds kit is over a hundred bucks if you can find it.

Looks great by the way!

It's really coming out nicely!

Since this thread has started, I have acquired a 3D printer as well as the STL files for an R4 astromech

I would be happy to print one for you in 1/48 if you are interested.

I am in the process of building one in 1/72 currently

PM me if you are interested

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back