Bad Blood Sideshow Statue

People payed 400$ from narin and now you can get it painted for what 250-300??? from sideshow,i find that a bit of a sell out it was supposed to be a limited rare edition and now its mass produced.

I am a little confused. I know this is a NARIN piece but why is SSC getting it? Didn't this already sell out? Hmmm.... I think NARIN signed to SSC and could possibly be on board for some future stuff. Maybe he sold the rights to his sculpts?

Oooh, the speculations will be many. :ninja:

This should be interesting to watch, I can already tell that the quality of the paint job is less than what I've seen individuals painters do with their kits.

Also I'm guessing the price difference is probably because SS can afford to mass produce them - and I'm sure there will be a difference between the originals and these mass produced re-issues. I want to see if this is going to bring down prices on the originals, or sky rocket them.

WOW!!!! What happened??? this is confuse for all painter's and collectors once we know this kit sold out and never again re-release original, once the molds are damage and just poor re-caster do copies of them ………………

Well that is interesting! Sideshow is producing a fully assembled and I assume painted version of a fan-made kit??!! Holy effin ****!!!! I can't believ this is actuallyhappening! Next up: fan-made bios produced by Sideshow!!! Its possible!

I agree... if they are going to start picking out the stuff from here I certainly hope that they will give credit where it is due. I don't mean just a name on the box either... I mean CREDIT where it is due. Like... "show me the money"... type of credit.

i havent logged in here for the longest time,but tonight,i just cant resist.
when this modelkit was released a while back,i recall catchphrases like "500 being made only" and "once its gone,its gone".
if you checkout predatorstuff.com today,you'll see narins latest kit 'spirit blade' being touted as being a 'one-time-limited release' as well.
the real-deal collectors who bought this kit [and paid hundreds of hard earned bucks for it] surely must realise that their 'collectors-limited edition' peice is now simply main stream mass produced sideshow fodder.
this is what salesmen call a 'sell-out' in simple terms.ask the local hot-dog seller,or a big-time corporate salesman.its all the same.
the lair here,is renowned for taking sides with the 'original artist',and renouncing the bad guy 'recasters' in the interests of keeping the integrity of the original artist,and his work.
my question is this.........{?}.............what happens if the original artist [who originally sold the peice as a 'one-off,one time only-collectors peice'], decides to sell out,and produce the same peice within the main stream ?
what is your opinion ?
the original 'straight from the molds' one-off,numbered,limited edition peice just went mainstream.
perhaps sideshow are resizing it ? perhaps thats why it can be legit sold as a 'new' edtiion ?

im keen to start this discussion,because it has so many interesting aspects.

You are all right celtic,what about us that have one numbered kit "liimited edition"and then look this kit later on in massive production.....Its this a lie???????
R

Guys, it's entirely possible they just bought one of the kits themselves and started recasting it, since Predator is owned by FOX they could have just got the rights to do so from them. Narin may not have anything to do with this... let's see what happens.

Either way, keep in mind, these mass produced versions probably differ from the original kits some how. That's my assumption.

Check out the bottom right hand corner of the picture at that link:

"© 2012 Fox. Manufactured by Sideshow, Inc. All Rights Reserved."

I'm guessing they just jacked it from Narin and started doing their own thing, that's how it seems any way. On the other hand, I know that Joe Dunaway painted the prototype of that new Elder P2 statue from Sideshow, so maybe they're reaching out to the community.

well,we wont know any of the details until one of the parties involved directly with this gets on here,and makes comment.
its a fascinating topic.i will follow this thread with interest.

Check out the bottom right hand corner of the picture at that link:

"© 2012 Fox. Manufactured by Sideshow, Inc. All Rights Reserved."

I'm guessing they just jacked it from Narin and started doing their own thing, that's how it seems any way. On the other hand, I know that Joe Dunaway painted the prototype of that new Elder P2 statue from Sideshow, so maybe they're reaching out to the community.

Oh, wouldn't that be some ****!? To me though, I know it's all in who holds the license to these type of things but surely they will give credit to NARIN for his amazing abilities. If not... could NARIN even come back on SSC and be like... "WTF??? Where's my slice of this pie?".

In all aspects of this, I think there is going to be some sort of back lash if NARIN did/didn't give permission to use his work. Either way, it is the fans who gain and lose in the process because 1. they bought this kit thinking it would be a limited edition and 2. they bought this kit thinking it would be a limited edition...?

I would love to have this in my collection, but alas... I is poor and mah monies has been spent for the year.

Yeah, this is totally out of left field, and I have no idea what to make of it... Let's hope for the best, though! I hope Narin gets what he deserves for his hard work and especially his talent, and it would be very unfortunate for him to get the shaft on one of his signature pieces.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back