Back to the Future

Okay, either I’ve overlooked them or they’ve been lost to time.

Can anyone share the phone book page and any other inserts to help fill my Marty wallet?

Thank you.

This sign is in auction right now by Icons of pop culture.
Description:
This sign was custom-made by the production for use as set dressing in 1885 Hill Valley. The 14” x 20” sign is made of mat board with applied white letters.

Attachments

• 33300495_1.jpg
    33300495_1.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 98
Some time ago, in one of the RPF forums, someone shared the image of Doc and Marty in 1885 in front of the clock, with the hands edited, for building actual clocks. I can't find this anymore, so I am posting it here:View attachment 1020837
I used this image to build a clock in a frame:
View attachment 1020838
After posting my clock in the "BTTF Forever" facebook group, I got lots of nice feedback, and I was asked if I would share the image and/or sell the clock.
I am very hesitant with both, since I did not create the image, so I wanted to get the "official" RPF opinion first:
a) since I can not find the original image on RPF, I can't point the people to it. Would it be considered appropriate if I would share the image with other fans in that FB group?
b) Would it be considered appropriate if I would sell a small number of these clocks (with no huge profit) in the FB group. Although I did not create the original image, the final product (= the framed clock) includes a significant amount of additional work.
I love the RPF and I certainly do not want to violate any rules - so I appreciate your guidance! (and I hope that this is the right place for posting this).
That is awesome. Im currently working on my own version of the Hill Valley Clock. But im hoping to do it as its seen in the film and as a proper working model not the pic. I was wondering where you got the clock hands from cause they do look very close. Also, What diameter is the clock on the photo you have there? Like 10cm? 20?

That is awesome. Im currently working on my own version of the Hill Valley Clock. But im hoping to do it as its seen in the film and as a proper working model not the pic. I was wondering where you got the clock hands from cause they do look very close. Also, What diameter is the clock on the photo you have there? Like 10cm? 20?
The clock that I am using is found here at aliexpress.com. The minute hand is exactly 2" (5cm), so the outer ring (that surrounds the roman numbers) has a diameter of 10cm. The minute hand roughly resembles the original one from the BTTF clock, but the hour hand is quite different. However, after spending plenty of time searching for a better one, I gave up - and this one still matches the style of the clock. What I like about the aliexpress clock is that it is very silent (some movements make audible clicking sounds which don't seem too bad at first, but when it's silent they become annoying). I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your "proper working model" - good luck with that!

Interesting contents of the wallet. It's funny, I'm about a year older than Marty and I'm wracking my brain trying to remember what I had in my own. I honestly don't remember having a wallet before I was 17 (which is the earliest I could get a learner permit) but I'm sure I would have had one. Putting the phone book page in it is a good idea.
Do Americans get a Social Security number/card when they start working or before then? Who did you put down as his employer on the payslip?
Great collection!

Interesting contents of the wallet. It's funny, I'm about a year older than Marty and I'm wracking my brain trying to remember what I had in my own. I honestly don't remember having a wallet before I was 17 (which is the earliest I could get a learner permit) but I'm sure I would have had one. Putting the phone book page in it is a good idea.
Do Americans get a Social Security number/card when they start working or before then? Who did you put down as his employer on the payslip?
Great collection!
The Social security card is issued at birth

BrotherWilliam, it’s fun trying to think of things that would be in a high school teenagers wallet, hahah.

So tardy slips, family and girlfriend picture, Doc’s card he kept (because we hoard business cards before throwing out, lol), the coupon and receipts. Lastly some keep-sakes like the concert tickets.

I also want to get some prop period correct cash to throw in there.

I made the frame myself. I used modeling clay to make the detailed sections and moulded them. Then I used polyurethane resin to pour individual pieces so I can make more. Its a standard picture frame and I made the raised edging and stained it to match.

Many thanks to everyone for their efforts in making all paper props.

Here are some shots of my Marty wallet. Many of the items from this thread.

View attachment 1029824

View attachment 1029825

View attachment 1029826

Still a work-in-progress but it’s coming along.

That’s a great collection there. Are those all items we are in the movie or some just items he would have had in there?

I might have to try and do that myself. Is it easy to get hold of a screen accurate wallet?

So they only items you really see is the picture of Marty’s family, the phone book page, and tardy slip.

Everything else is just filler that I think would be in a high schoolers wallet.

You should give it a go Kevzie. The wallet took a couple weeks of searching eBay and Etsy but it eventually popped up.

So they only items you really see is the picture of Marty’s family, the phone book page, and tardy slip.

Everything else is just filler that I think would be in a high schoolers wallet.

You should give it a go Kevzie. The wallet took a couple weeks of searching eBay and Etsy but it eventually popped up.

Yeah that’s good thinking on what he would have had in there as well as his tardy slip and the photo.

Have you got anymore info/photos on the wallet itself ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back