Back to the Future

In my quest to find HI-RES 4 pictures in the Doc's manor, I found that:

Thomas_Edison1.jpg

Here's my original take on the "Save the Clock Tower" flyer. Click to enlarge.

tumblr_ldbqb7C4v31qdwol8o1_r1_500.png

I was never satisfied with how the canonical prop copies look in person, with their filler text and such, so I made a new flyer completely from scratch. I 'shopped the photo from this free one, and wrote the articles and such myself. They were a big hit when I dressed as the Clock Tower Lady for a Halloween parade.

Please feel free to use, repost, modify, and share this FREELY, just credit me somewhere if it's not too much trouble. The text contains a few in-jokes and friends' names of mine, of course you're more than welcome to replace any or all of it if you like. The article font is Times New Roman, 18pt bold.

These look great printed out on the right shade of blue paper. For a more genuine look I printed it out on white paper, then photocopied it, then copied that photocopy to get it a little less sharp-edged and more 1980s xerox-looking. You can do this to degrade it as many times as you like before finally getting it printed onto the blue paper.

Last edited:
Good job on that. I like the story, makes it much more interesting than having some meaningless text.(y)thumbsup

Great job. I was wanting to do this as well. I sometimes scan my older print props into the computer a few times to dull the edges. That way I don't have to have multiple copies every time I want one printed.

Best,
DBCooper

"New" BTTF comic!

Pardon all the BTTF posts this evening. I've been watching the BTTF trilogy on Blu-Ray since yesterday and got the BTTF bug re-activated. :lol

Anyway, as most folks know, BTTF was pretty authentic with their magazines, books, etc. as far as being from the proper time periods.

We've all seen the Fantastic Story Magazine, Tales from Space comic, etc. However, while watching last night, I picked out another comic book that I don't believe anyone has ever noticed before. I've been doing a ton of researching (mostly to nail down the actual comic book) and haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

During the first cafeteria scene in BTTF where Marty is trying to get his dad to ask out his mom - and then eventually turns into a near fist fight between Marty and Biff - you'll see one of Biff's cronies with a folded-up comic book. He flips through it as Lorraine chats with her friends. Very, very short screen time (approx. 3 seconds), but I was able to figure out the comic book name and the issue appearing in this scene.

Granted, this isn't as "iconic" (icomic? :lol) as the aforementioned comics, but, for the purists, it's another authentic BTTF item that you can add to your collections.

So for those that are interested, here you go:

Here's a grab from the scene showing the comic:

SnapzProXScreenSnapz023.jpg

This is a comic called HEADLINE COMICS. It is issue #67 and the publication date is Sep-Oct 1954.

Here's the actual issue, just like the one used in the film:

67-1.jpg

If anyone's interested, I am trying to get my hands on a high quality scan of this (both front and back) and fortunately have a lead.

Good luck tracking one down. :)

Now that's what I want!!! Great work pitbull any chance I could buy one off you? (or pay for a hi res version emailed over)........

BTTF Phone Book Page & Others

Hello everyone.

This is my 1st post here, found this site after searching for back to the future paper props (bet many people have found this place following the 25th anniversary release, its certainly rekindled my interest having seen it on the big screen for the 1st time in my life - i would have loved to have seen it the 1st time around but i was only 3 lol)

Like most ive been a fan of the trilogy since i was young-er, im 28 now (i had the 1st one recorded off tv didnt realise there was any swearing on it till i got a proper version, also managed to wear part II from the video shop out by insisting we rented it everytime we went,i remember my mum asking me to rent something else - so i did part III :D).

Ive found a lot of great props on here already and i have to say the stuff being offered by people is truely stunning, to the point where im wondering what to buy/aquire, ive got hold of a reprint poster of the 1st film & a frame but the frames rather big so i want to fill the edges with props from the 1st film, ive already found martys letter to doc, save the clock tower flyer, flux capacitor drawing but thats it so far, one thing i cant seem to find is the phone book page marty tears out in 1955 if anyone can help with a scan of it or something, i already have the paper to print it on but no amount of searching can i find an image to use. p.s dont mind paying to use someones image.

Also if anyone else can think of anything else paper prop wise please let me know so i can put those in the frame too!

Thanks
Martin From Merry Old Very Cold England

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back