Back to the Future Marty McFly Puffy Vest Color BTTF

Now I really wish I could re color that vest I got. Also a little off topic, butmy tailor called and said my jacket I gave them to mod will be done by the end of the week. All the blue parts are being swapped out for the correct color blue I got from a real Guess jacket and the pocket flaps are being made longer to be more accurate. I hope it turns out well.

Yeah, I think it's impossible, the green is quite dark as it is, so not sure it would be possible, you can always try though x) I wish I could find a class 5 size L in burnt orange, but after years of looking, it feels like I'll never be able to, or that when the time will come, I won't have the money for it, so yeah xD

Gotta share my awesome score: after MONTHS of ebay searchings, I was finally able to score an incredible Class 5 look-alike. It even appears to be the correct color. While it's not super-ultra 100% accurate... for $30 I'm absolutely thrilled. :D The brand is called Trailwise.

10317778_955164131219439_1630867842256951312_o(1).jpg

12711099_1033609186712210_2552125910656405389_o.jpg

I had my accurate, but wrong color Class-5 vest sent to me. It's more of a normal green to the human eye. My phone makes things appear different than they look in real life. I would say Headgoonie did a great job in sizing their vests. My green vest is a large and my HG vest is a medium. The large seems like a normal step up in size.

If anyone needs details or measurements, I'll be happy to help.
13147767_10206701806731859_2887869232086965651_o.jpg

13147840_10206701806691858_8449322171199689132_o.jpg

Last edited:
I recently got a navy blue Class-5 vest in the correct style, and I was wondering if anyone can confirm the type of material that the Marty vest is made out of. I always assumed it was that shiny fabric that most down vests and sleeping bags are made from, but mine is a matte fabric. Which is the Marty vest?

I recently got a navy blue Class-5 vest in the correct style, and I was wondering if anyone can confirm the type of material that the Marty vest is made out of. I always assumed it was that shiny fabric that most down vests and sleeping bags are made from, but mine is a matte fabric. Which is the Marty vest?

If the vest is the same exact style as the movie just different color then they will most likely be made out of the same material. Do you have a picture of your vest?

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures because I'm out of town now, but I just wanted to make sure in case they made these same vests out of different materials. My vest is a size small (and the wrong color), so I plan to take it apart and rebuild it it my size using the original pattern for reference.

I'm starting a little project on my HG replica vest. I have a cheap little green Class-5 vest that I took the buttons off to replace the HG ones. I know buttons aren't reusable so they will be attached with metal adhesive. The vest is never snapped together so I won't have to worry about the strength of it.

All good thanks. I just bought a burnt orange size medium class 5 vest recently but decided it's too nice to cosplay or wear casually and will most likely sell it.

Happy holidays. What's the general consensus on the most accurate class 5 vest material ? 100% nylon in and out? Nylon in and Cotton/nylon/poly out?

Hey all! I’ve also got a question on the orange Class 5 vests that some of you have posted. I’ve only seen a few out there, and really only a couple photos of each. Are there more photos out there?

Last edited:
8276C54F-F06E-410E-BD09-9D21E8A7CD74.pngWell, I got myself a real deal, 80s Class 5 vest!! It’s the 6 panel in the elusive color changing terracotta orange!! I am completely blown away! I’d love to see more lighting pics of other collector’s vests!

DF1EA1A3-360A-4B40-A16C-27C3324F1C8E.jpegJust to show how incredibly different the color can look, here are three different lighting situations of my vest. Outdoor overcast, indoor natural light, and indoor with much less light and a mixed lightsource.

Last edited:
Thanks man! I’m still in total shock! And y’know man, I got it from the big auction site, and if they had posted it two weeks earlier they would’ve seen a 5 panel sell for nearly $500. They had no idea.

That's really luck! Congratulations! I'm still searching for this vest. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back