Baby Yoda

smurf

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is my full size Baby Yoda. I sculpted him with Super Sculpy and made some resin casts. Painted him up and installed some animal eyes that I got at Joanne Fabrics. Made a fully potable body using Knex ball joints and a sink spout ball joint. Padded him up and custom made his robes from fabric I got at Joannes and an old coat I found at the Salvation Army. Really happy with the result.
42923B19-6F1F-4B7A-B98B-FA83520D10E9.jpeg
36D1E5F9-BA45-44FD-A3A7-01BD37FB7AA6.jpeg
028E1C8D-5788-4918-8D09-90F56A66A146.jpeg
678B707D-982B-4A2C-900F-656901CD554D.jpeg
BEB06273-C06C-4750-97BB-DAD9934EDFF8.jpeg
B9044E5D-7C96-40F1-945D-42309DBA1EEA.jpeg
7A46FC09-879A-4D22-94AD-81A3A1BF20DD.jpeg
65D4A83B-C3E5-463B-BE80-83787BF2FF72.jpeg

Awesome build! May I ask how you installed the eyes? Im currently trying to cast my monster clay sculpt, and I want to install the resin eyes but use a more flesh like material for the skin. Trying to get as realistic as possible haha. Thanks mate!

Awesome build! May I ask how you installed the eyes? Im currently trying to cast my monster clay sculpt, and I want to install the resin eyes but use a more flesh like material for the skin. Trying to get as realistic as possible haha. Thanks mate!
I use JB Weld Quick for gluing my eyes in, but I use resin. Not sure what you could use for the material you are using. Might want to ask the manufacturer or supplier as to what they would recommend.

I use JB Weld Quick for gluing my eyes in, but I use resin. Not sure what you could use for the material you are using. Might want to ask the manufacturer or supplier as to what they would recommend.
Are the eyes you found at Joann's full spheres or just the front? I want to make an animatronic Baby Yoda at some point but I need his eyes to be mostly in a sphere form, not just a front bit with the back completely cut out

Are the eyes you found at Joann's full spheres or just the front? I want to make an animatronic Baby Yoda at some point but I need his eyes to be mostly in a sphere form, not just a front bit with the back completely cut out
it is just the front. They are not spheres.

Just received my casts. Outstanding. Can I ask what the dimensions of the eyes and style you purchased from Joann's. Also a hint on the paint colors you used.
Thanks,Bob

Just received my casts. Outstanding. Can I ask what the dimensions of the eyes and style you purchased from Joann's. Also a hint on the paint colors you used.
Thanks,Bob
For the eyes on mine I ended up buying 20mm animal eyes from Joannes Fabric. I did have to use a small amount of apoxy putty at the edges of the eye to get rid of the small gap. These ended up looking much more the part than the painted eyes. I still include the resin eyes with my kit incase you want to try painting them. As far as the color goes I started with Krylon Pistachio as the base Coat. Then I just use those cheap craft paints from Walmart. I do a lot of mixing though to get the color I want. The paint is called Craft Smart and the green I use is Lush Foliage, but it’s mixed with a lot of white to get the right shade i like. It’s pretty light but gets darker when I start to do washes to bring out the details.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back