AvP Extinction

Deepcrush

I'm a huge fan of this game. I love the different roles we see from the Preds. Now, before anyone cries and jumps. I know that the Brawler, Hunter, Spear Master and Disk Master are normally just a single Pred but for game balance they split them up. With those aside.

We have the several different stand alone types of Pred.

Stalker
- A long range hunter, never up close. Their version of a sniper. Takes his/her pride from not just killing their target but from tracking it. Watching it, then killing with a single shot. These were ok IMO but I never really liked them on my own.

Vanguard
- These are the elite. The most honored of each Yuatja Clan. They wear a light armor and carry HUGE melee weapons. When there is something big to be killed, these are the guys who do da killin.

Blazer/Hydra
- These are the tough ones, even when judged by other preds. They wear incredible armor and pack a massive amount of fire power.

I'd like to hear what other people think about this game. The Aliens and Preds were great to play. I loved that a single pred would drop just about anything in the game. And there were times that I'd watch a single pred lay waste to whole squads of Marines with little effort.

Well, my motto is "to each their own". Myself, I was not a fan of this one. Perhaps I jumped in expecting more, but I just couldn't get into it. The graphics were "meh" to me, and I wasn't expecting a top-down approach like a RTS. Not a fan of RTS, so that was a bummer for me.

That works though. RTS isn't for everyone. I'm a huge Total War fan. I also play Warhammer 40k so its just perfect to my liking.

I tried to find the thread just incase. But it was no where to be seen.

I myself loved the Military Grade Predators. Just the thought that "Not all are hunters" gave me a storm front of ideas!

Thinking about the power even a single Predator could mount with their tech makes each one a walking tank.

Fun game. I love putting the cheats on and ******* everyone up. A used copy is almost as much as a new one so its a great game to hold on to even if you dont like it. Its a ps2 game the graphics are gonna suck when youve been playing your ps3 and xbox for so long and your now used to better stuff. AND its always gonna be a noob that starts up an old topic so we should just get used to it rather than point it out to them. Concrete jungle is almost worth 30-40 bucks also.
I love throwing all of one kind in to see what happens. To see 20 or so disk throwing preds running around shanking everyone is fun to watch.

i love seeing how hard i can make a predalien with no cheats, just run him in, kill a few things take some dmg and run away, then he grows
great fun

The predaliens were fun. My fav though was the Preatorian. I would breed as many as I could and then just send in my warriors in one massed wave. Followed close up by my Pure breeds and face huggers. It just feels good when you see those little icons for each facehugger that makes its target.

this game was best with the invincibility cheat on i took out the whole alien hive including queen predalien with one single pred haha the facehuggers are good to play as aswell it was good to fight the rival clan and that big gyrotye or whatever it was called them crazy yellow/white aliens aswell the bio ones or something

I didn't like that cheat so much as just the one that let you have unlimited population. Now that was fun... mostly when you were the Aliens and you just spent 10 min pumping out facehuggers... LOL

Marines to beat the aliens, I always liked the beeping sounds that the tracker made before you actually shot the alien down, reminded me of being the marines in the Aliens movie.

edit: yes what bam said

Yes I do also like the aliens, it was fun having a whole hive of predaliens :) .

I didn't like that cheat so much as just the one that let you have unlimited population. Now that was fun... mostly when you were the Aliens and you just spent 10 min pumping out facehuggers... LOL

yea i used to make ravagers,carriers and an army of predalien and preotoreans or however you spell it

carriers where fun when you stuck facehuggers to their backs :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back