ATTENTION FELLOW JUDGE DREDD FANS: Need help finding a specific piece of Dredd art!

Jack T Chance

Sr Member
Greetings, fellow Judge Dredd fans! I am here to beg for your help in locating a digital copy of a certain piece of Judge Dredd art. To assist in the search, I will give all the information I remember about it, as well as all the steps I have taken in searching for a scan of it to date.

1. The piece of art was published in the Judge Dredd Calendar that was published in the United States to coincide with the release of the first Judge Dredd movie starring Sylvester Stalone. Therefore, it is either a 1995 or 1996 calendar. I own this calendar, and it is somewhere in my massive collection of comics, magazines, and related memorabilia, but at the moment, I am unable to locate my copy.
  2. The piece of art in question features Judge Dredd riding on his Lawmaster Motorcycle, heading "towards the reader". As he rides through a group of perps, he is seen kicking one of them in the head while exclaiming (in the word bubble above his head) "Eat Judge Boot, lawbreaker!" This is the most important aspect of the image. There are tons of pieces of art of Dredd on his Lawmaster. There are several images I found online of him kicking something. But in my entire life, I have ever only seen this ONE piece of art of Dredd on his Lawmaster, kicking a perp from his seated position, while exclaiming "Eat Judge Boot, lawbreaker!"
  3. I can not tell you where this piece of art has appeared other than the calendar mentioned above, as that is the only place I know for sure that it has appeared. I also no longer remember who the artist was.
  4. The image seemed to be cover art from a Judge Dredd or 2000 AD comic or magazine or graphic novel. However, I have spent the last couple hours searching through Comic Vine's exhaustive Judge Dredd Cover Gallery and I cannot find it on any of the covers. Therefore, it could possibly be a poster image, or an image from a Judge Dredd art book, or maybe even an image created exclusively for that calendar.
  5. I have searched on Google and Bing repeatedly for several months, trying all variations that have occurred to me, including, but not limited to, "judge dredd on lawmaster", "judge dredd on bike", "judge dredd kicking", "eat judge boot lawbreaker", "eat judge boot", "judge boot", and so on. I have done this on both a standard search, and an image search. These searches have never turned up the piece of art in question.
  6. I have also searched "judge dredd calendar" on eBay, hoping to find a copy of the calendar for sale, hopefully with scans or pictures of the interior art. That has also turned up zip, zilch, nada, and nothing. :unsure
So, at this point, I've given up on being able to find it myself, unless I spend hours digging through my collection to find my copy of the calendar. Therefore, I'm turning to the RPF for help. There are numerous Judge Dredd fans here that are much more devoted fans than I am, as evidenced by their costume and prop collections. I'm confident that someone here will know the piece of art I'm looking for, and will either be able to post a digital copy of the image, or will be able to pull out their copy of that calendar and scan it for me.

Surely I can't be the only fan of Judge Dredd that remembers this very striking piece of art, right? :confused

Re: ATTENTION FELLOW JUDGE DREDD FANS: Need help finding a specific piece of Dredd ar

Pretty sure the image you're describing is from a comic panel. I seem to remember him doing that a few times in various stories. Just can't place which story/issue at the moment.

Re: ATTENTION FELLOW JUDGE DREDD FANS: Need help finding a specific piece of Dredd ar

Pretty sure the image you're describing is from a comic panel. I seem to remember him doing that a few times in various stories. Just can't place which story/issue at the moment.
That's the problem with a 35-36 year old comic strip that's published weekly... it's quite a lot of material to sift through. :wacko

Unfortunately, no one has pictures of the calendar in question online, even though the internet was around back then. It was early days, yet, but still... you'd think somewhere, someone would have posted pics/scans of it. So far, all I've been able to turn up, at a website called Cellar of Dredd, is pics of a 1995 Judge Dredd Advent Calendar, which is COMPLETELY different. The one I have is your standard wall calendar, standard size, standard format, with different, awesome Judge Dredd artwork for each month of the year.

It's looking like I'm going to have to make the time to search for my copy of the calendar, so I can use a neighbor's scanner to create a digital copy of the image in question. For years I've been wanting to have that image as a JPEG so I could use it as wallpaper for my computers and smartphones, and also share it with people online. I can't for the life of me understand why no one's ever put it online. :unsure

Well, I FINALLY found a single picture of the calendar in question, over at 2000ADCollectibles.Com. Too bad it's only of the calendar's cover, and it's a very small, low-res image that's clearly from an old eBay auction. The detail's so low on the image that it's virtually impossible to tell whether it says 1995 or 1996. :wacko

But here's the calendar in which the image I'm looking for was published:

JudgeDredd1995CalendarCover_zpsfb50cc98.jpg

Again, this was sold in the United States, timed to coincide with the release of the Stallone movie.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back