As a kid, what's your favorite gift?

12 inch G.I. Joe Mobile Command Base, Sea Wolf Sub, Space 1999 Eagle playset, 12 inch Cylon Centurion and a Butt load of Micronauts were among my favorites.

Robert

I remember i got the NES in 89-90 and it was still an expensive gift for christmas. I blame the atari 2600 for starting the addiction and it was a random gift mom got us one year. I remember she had it in secret layaway at Hills.

:thumbsup ahhhhhhh....HILLS :thumbsup
Grab a .10 bag of popcorn in the front and shop ;)

When I was a kid I was I was 5 years old in 1979 so I spent the next 5-6 years getting just about every single Star Wars and GI Joe toy at either Christmas or my birthday, along with other various Fisher Price toys and games.

My favorite present?

Every year I asked for a remote control car. I had one as a very little kid, but it was the cheap kind that went forward and then turned in reverse, the controller only had one button.

After years of asking, marking the page in the Sears catalog, finally in 1985 not only did I get a real remote control car, but I got two. I got 2 big dune buggy cars that were over a foot long with huge knobby tires. They were full function steering. Each car was a different frequency so my brother and I could race them together. I also got 2 battery chargers and rechargeable batteries to run everything.

Best Christmas ever.

:thumbsup ahhhhhhh....HILLS :thumbsup
Grab a .10 bag of popcorn in the front and shop ;)

You and I are probably the only ones who remember the stores on here. Wasn't there one out on Belmont Avenue? Seems like everything was out that way. I miss HIlls and so many other stores we lost over the years. I think the NES marked the start of me knowing 90 percent of what i get for xmas because i'd make the list.

You and I are probably the only ones who remember the stores on here. Wasn't there one out on Belmont Avenue? Seems like everything was out that way. I miss HIlls and so many other stores we lost over the years. I think the NES marked the start of me knowing 90 percent of what i get for xmas because i'd make the list.

I remember Hills. They used to have little toy dioramas at the end of the toy aisles. We used to get soft pretzels when we left. The only other store that I can remember was called Gold Circle. I don't know if it was a regional store or in other states. I got a lot of SW figures there.

There was that location and a few others I would frequent. Mainly the one in Liberty Plaza, Austintown Plaza and Boardman.

I always loved the Mego World's Greatest Super Heroes...
74cat_heroes1.jpg

Micronauts! I had a bunch of those too! Including the "Rocket Tubes" playset.

Yeah, Micronauts were cool!! To this day, I still have some pieces of that stuff in my greebly drawer!! And the Marvel comic was AWESOME!! Great characters, well written and the art was amazing!!

I can't remember what year it was but one year me and my brothers got a large box of Construx. I think it was a generic set rather than one which had a theme as I don't remember any instructions to follow. I remember spending ages building things with it, found it more fun than Lego. One thing I do remember doing with it was making basic versions of the enterprise and Excelsior and playing out the scenes from STIII and STVI.

A close second for the vertibird was the Big Jim Rescue Rig I got in 75 :thumbsup

Had both of those, loved 'em!! In fact, just about ten years ago the original Vertibird was rereleased. I stumbled across one in a store somewhere and instantly bought it. It was the original, just the copter and a little guy on a raft to hook. Me and my buddies would get drunk and play with it for hours!! "Take off, fly around ten times, pick up the guy, fly around ten more times, drop the guy off, and land safely."........I think I was better at it as a kid than as an inebriated adult!:cheers:lol.................In fact it is actually under my bed right now. I may have to pull it out and try it again. This time without the suds.

I only remember 2 sets of construx but i didn't get them until right before they stopped making them. They were christmas only gifts 2 years in a row. I got the white spaceship set then i got the one with the black/purple one a year later. I actually tried to make an endo arm out of them as a kid but you could only do so much with them lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back