Art of Star Wars Exhibit

I know it was here a few years ago. I went and saw it down in San Diego in 2000 I think. If it is coming to the US I highly recommend checking it out.

Brad

I don't think the AOSW that was in the states had all the items the exhibit is currently showing. I know the ESB helmet/ROTJ suit wasn't at the exhibit when it was in California.

Originally posted by tylerdurden_soap_maker@Jan 22 2006, 09:29 PM
I don't think the AOSW that was in the states had all the items the exhibit is currently showing. I know the ESB helmet/ROTJ suit wasn't at the exhibit when it was in California.
[snapback]1165335[/snapback]​

It was the one that was at the MOM in London/Edinburgh in 2000/2001. So were a few other props, like the Superstardestroyer and the pod race arena.

Check the "original vader suits" thread from about a week or two ago.

Michael

The US version of the Art of Star Wars exhibit, called the Science of Star Wars, will be travelling around the US until at least late 2008. There was a small post about it on SW.com when it opened in Boston. I am not sure how much it is like the AOSW exhibit as I think it tries to link real world science to SW rather than just display the props, costumes, & art. Regardless it's probably the only opportunity to see SW props in the US.

The articled listed the following cities & dates as part of the tour:
  • Science Museum Exhibit Collaborative (SMEC): COSI, Columbus, OH, June - August 2006
  • Oregon Museum of Science & Industry, Portland, OR, October - December 2006
  • California Science Center, Los Angeles, CA, February - April 2007
  • The Franklin Institute, Philadelphia, PA, June - August 2007
  • Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, IL, September -- December 2007
  • Fort Worth Museum of Science & History, Fort Worth, TX, February - April 2008
  • The Science Museum of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN, June - October 2008
Hope that helps.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back