Armour glove easiness

Looch

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey,
I love making armour, from the sizing to cutting, I even like sanding Bondo! That being said, the thing I don't like is putting the suit on. It's always a drag having to get someone to help you in and out of it. So, I have been building my latest suit, the Mark 33, and when it got to the gloves, I remembered how much of a trial it was with the last suit. So, this is what I did-I opened all the knuckles and reattached them with very tiny rare-earth magnets. I also put them on the side and between the thumb and forefinger, with a thin strip of sheet metal. Then, I glued the fingers to a cloth glove. This way, I just pull on the fingers, and then wrap the palm/knuckle piece around my hand, and viola!
Also, the electronics have been a pain as well. I hide all of it under the handplate, but getting under to attach the battery is very awkward. So, I made a holder from an old ice cream bucket, glued it on with Gorilla glue, and so now I can snap the battery in and out when I need to, and the handplate simply magnetizes onto the battery itself. I hope this helps people who run into the same problems:) IMG_1955.JPGIMG_1956.JPGIMG_1957.JPGIMG_1958.JPG

Not only will it save you a lot of frustration putting them on,but you can also make them as small as possible to fit your hand as best as possible.Same for arms and legs; just use magnets to connect the halfs.Great method:thumbsup we need this for zentai suits as well :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back