Arm controls for oversized costume

hoggworks

Hey all,

A while ago I saw video of someone who made an arm control system that would let them essentially control the extra arms in a 4-arm suit, or the arms of a robot if they were making a robot that was larger than them. Essentially he moved an arm control thing that translated the movements (I think mechanically, but I'm not sure) to another, larger set of metal arms.

I'm drawing a blank in figuring out what such a thing might be called. I'm assuming it's a thing, but I can't look up how it's done/how to do it until I know what it's called. Help?

I apparently am referring to the Winston School mech system, though I didn't realize it. The video I saw was from skeletonics.com.

I wonder if there are any plans available for it.

That's a cool Maker Fair video. The only things I've seen resembling plans are the Solidworks screen shots from their home page or a guy on Youtube that is trying to reverse engineer the arms.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back