Arkham Asylum/City Home-made Cape

Lang7

Hi guys, just a quick post here asking for some much needed advice. I'm making a home-made Batman haloween costume in the next few days (nothing like leaving it late!) and I'm a bit stumped when it comes to the cape material(s).

I'm going to go fabric shopping tomorrow, but most of the Google searches for fabric shops in my area seem to be catered towards upholstery and curtains. I'm not sure if I'm asking the search engine the right question or not - will these upholstery stores be able to supply me with a basic black/dark blue/grey material that I can use for a cape?
I'm also curious about the types of materials I should be asking/looking to make the cape out of? I am a complete novice when it comes to this sort of stuff and it's all very confusing. If possible, could you please provide a few types of materials you think work and look best?

If there's anyone out there that has done this sort of thing before, your feedback and advice would be most appreciated! In return I'll be sure to post up the finished batsuit once haloween has passed. Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, just a quick post here asking for some much needed advice. I'm making a home-made Batman haloween costume in the next few days (nothing like leaving it late!) and I'm a bit stumped when it comes to the cape material(s).

I'm going to go fabric shopping tomorrow, but most of the Google searches for fabric shops in my area seem to be catered towards upholstery and curtains. I'm not sure if I'm asking the search engine the right question or not - will these upholstery stores be able to supply me with a basic black/dark blue/grey material that I can use for a cape?
I'm also curious about the types of materials I should be asking/looking to make the cape out of? I am a complete novice when it comes to this sort of stuff and it's all very confusing. If possible, could you please provide a few types of materials you think work and look best?

If there's anyone out there that has done this sort of thing before, your feedback and advice would be most appreciated! In return I'll be sure to post up the finished batsuit once haloween has passed. Thanks in advance!

I made my first cape yesterday.

I bought 3.5m of black lycra/spandex....yes...lycra/spandex.

you'll get about 7 triangles out of it. 750mm wide. Sew them up so it forms a kinda circle shape. Then, sew the front of it about 4" at the top pop it under your cowl and there you go. Make sure you have enough space to get your head through. PM me if you want any more info :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back