Are these good contacts for Pred suit??

Yes, those contacts look really good for the part. But yellow ones will work too, I think P1 had yellow eyes. AVP scar had brown eyes, I think they were the actors eyes as they were, but I am not sure, someone else may know. But those ones do look great!!

Yes, those contacts look really good for the part. But yellow ones will work too, I think P1 had yellow eyes. AVP scar had brown eyes, I think they were the actors eyes as they were, but I am not sure, someone else may know. But those ones do look great!!

So, two years ago, my wife comes into my office (In the house). She closes here eyes and asks me, "what color are my eyes?" Needless to say, I answered incorrectly and still here about it to this day. Point being: I don't think many people look at things like that, especially if we are talking about brown contacts. Not to mention, most people are going to be so blown away by all the detailing on your suit that the last thing they'll think to look at is your eyes. At $60/pair, I would think you'd get more bang for your buck by investing in some other cool prop to go with your suit that more people would notice.

Now, if you go with the yellow ones, then they will become more obvious and show that you were really going for film accuracy. That's just my 2 cents (Rational father side coming out, LOL)...

I think if he had to get contacts, the ones that he posted first were - in my opinion - the best. That one site with the more expensive contacts has some cool designs (Loved the Jaws one) but I think if you're on a budget (which most of us are) that one you posted Drew, is the way to go.

Just my .02................

I have to agree that the lenses shown at 9mmfx are high, and the brown ones look pretty cool too.
However, I use "redwolf" lenses w/ my Pred suit. I purchased mine through a haunt I work at, but
I'm sure you could find them elsewhere. What do "redwolf" lenses look like? Red/yellow iris

100_3359.jpg

I must also say that, yes, folks eyeballed the suit hard because of all the detailing, but the "eyes"
freaks folks out and definatly sets a Pred head off!

when the eyes are a unnatural color people DO notice them. they are one of those little things that make a suit pop that much more.

Keep in mind, you will get what you pay for in cheap lenses. If they are made from sub-par materials/construction, they can really screw up your eyes. I would definitely check with your eye doctor before you put anything in your eyes.

Personally, I would pony up for the 9mm lenses, they are enough choices in the $150 range that include some bright colored lenses that will be both unique and noticible. IMHO its more worth it to protect your eyes, than save a few bucks.

Mike

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back