Are the QMx Serenity money-packs shipping!?

IronFist

I was just perusing my credit card info online and noticed that I've been charged $26.99 on 10/01 by a name I don't recognize. After doing some tracking, it's from a legal office or something in Collegeville, which is a city that's also tied into the QMx website.

But since the charge doesn't say "QMX" and I don't recognize the name of the company, my first inclination is to immediately dispute the charge. But with the information above, it's also reasonable that this could be the money pack.

If someone from QMx could speak up about whether these are shipping now, or if people are being charged for them, that'd be super. Slightly-less-super would be if other folks who paid by card could check and see if they have any odd charges that might match up with mine.

And if indeed it is QMX, when can I expect this to arrive? (Also, a head's up in the future would be swell, thanks.)

Mods - This was supposed to be in the prop forum. A Move is probably in order.

OK, I've been contacted by a representative of QMx and assured that what I was seeing was from them (despite the company name being different) and it wasn't actually a charge, it was the authorization I was seeing. My credit card company just doesn't make a distinction between charges and authorizations in its reporting.

Tell Jayne to put away Vera and help store the cargo. Wash, take us out of orbit.

There will never be any doubt when a given item is shipping. Your retailers will know well in advance and we will always advise from the site.

NOTE:

It's common knowledge that Qmx staff frequents the forums. We enjoy reading about props, too and we were all here long before QMx was formed. With that, we understand members tend to expect instant replies when a thread has 'QMx' in the title.

Please keep in mind a given member's presence here shouldn't be viewed as a direct conduit to the company. We all have different positions within the company and some are better suited than others to answer your questions.

As a rule; Anything of a financial matter should be run through the site where customer service is in place.

Most of us who spend any time at all on the prop forums work in the design & marketing end of the company. Wanna talk about props, that's our thing. If it has to do with Credit cards and billing, we have to forward your questions to the customer service department, just like you. :p

<div class='quotetop'>(Rylo @ Oct 13 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]1337604[/snapback]</div>
If it has to do with Credit cards and billing, we have to forward your questions to the customer service department, just like you. :p
[/b]

You need to convert ALL in the customer service dept. ;)

It's good to spread the madness. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ Oct 13 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]1337751[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Rylo @ Oct 13 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]1337604[/snapback]
If it has to do with Credit cards and billing, we have to forward your questions to the customer service department, just like you. :p
[/b]

You need to convert ALL in the customer service dept. ;)

It's good to spread the madness. :lol
[/b][/quote]

In time, I'm sure the bug will spread. For now, we keep them seperated for their own safety.
Don't feed the animals and all... ;)

UPDATE: Despite what I last stated in this thread, I just got my credit card bill and i was charged for the Serenity money pack. They did not just put an authorization against the funds and I know this because my credit card company is asking me to pay against the charge.

Suffice to say, I'm about to email the site (the same one that very few people seem to be getting responses from).

Not. Happy.

Hello. I was sent a link to this thread and we are happy to help you get this resolved ASAP.

I just checked the website to make sure there wasn't a glitch in the system. I went into the Serenity Money Pack order area and noted this line:

"Please Note: The specified item(s) in your cart require immediate payment. If you are paying by credit card, these items will be charged when you click on 'Complete Purchase'."

Now the reason for this is...

The Fan club exclusive money packs are ONLY being produced to order and will be retired very soon, therefore we required a payment as we don't want people to "speculate buy" and then not follow through when it came time to pay for this custom run.

This is the only product that we are requesting payment-in-advance for, due to the extremely limited nature of the edition size. The forthcoming "standard" money packs will be an open-edition project and will not require any deposit.

As always, if you feel "Antsy", you can cancel ANY product pre-order for a full refund. We don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable with their purchase.

As Rylo very-correctly noted, this is a customer service issue and posting any "unhappiness" on a prop discussion forum generally won't get the "problem" resolved to your satisfaction.

We have two wonderful customer-service people who would be HAPPY to help you, and we would respectfully request that any inquiries of this type be sent to the company (and not to the members of the aforementioned prop board who don't work for the company and thus can do squat for you in getting your issues resolved.) About all they can do is respond with angry faces like this: :angry

:D

WE on the other hand, are happy to assist you. Just please bear with us as the customer service reps do not "man" (or actually, in their case "woman") the phones 24/7. If you get the voice mail, please leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

But since we are a new company, I figured I would answer this one for you myself :D

I hope that helped.

Edit: Boss beat me to it.

As mentioned in my PM. I will gladly give you a quick courtesy call if you'd like. Shoot me a time and a #

OK, so, you know how when you stand in the light of righteous indignation, beating your chest and proclaiming to the world how right you are? And how usually those are the times when you've managed to overlook some small tidbit of information that is vital to your ability to not make a fool of yourself, usually in an overtly-public way?

Yeah. This is one of those times. :confused

Suffice to say, I feel particularly stupid this evening and will take my public lashings as necessary.

More importantly, there's nothing awry in this situation and it's only a personal defect on my end causing the problem. Everything is as it should be, with regard to QMx and their billing company.

With me? Well, the jury's still out on that one.

Your thread made me feel much better. Today i raised holy heck at Lowe's because I didn't get a 15% off sale price on $500 worth of fixtures as advertised. I had to stand inline in customer service forever and loudly expressed my impatience to others in line.

The nice lady at the customer service desk pointed out to me that it very clearly said tub, shower, bath sink fixtures. NOT KITCHEN. :$.

I've sent four or five emails regarding an order to Qmx Customer Services since Qmx went live and have not received a single response. Along with the international shipping issues, this has now lead to me cancelling my order [through pming Steve here, as I could find no other way]

I would suggest that if QMX staff are unhappy with being PMed on CS issues, they might want to address this problem.

<div class='quotetop'>(Birdie @ Oct 25 2006, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1344966[/snapback]</div>
I've sent four or five emails regarding an order to Qmx Customer Services since Qmx went live and have not received a single response. Along with the international shipping issues, this has now lead to me cancelling my order [through pming Steve here, as I could find no other way]

I would suggest that if QMX staff are unhappy with being PMed on CS issues, they might want to address this problem.
[/b]

You're not alone. There are at least two other people on the Rebelscum forums with your same problem. One, I believe, wanted to become an AD, but he can't get anyone to contact him.

I was one of the lucky ones, who got a response from their website. I was told I'd be added to a mailing list, but if it weren't for this forum, I never would've known the site went live or that items were actually available to order.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedirick @ Oct 25 2006, 07:24 PM) [snapback]1344928[/snapback]</div>
Your thread made me feel much better. Today i raised holy heck at Lowe's because I didn't get a 15% off sale price on $500 worth of fixtures as advertised. I had to stand inline in customer service forever and loudly expressed my impatience to others in line.

The nice lady at the customer service desk pointed out to me that it very clearly said tub, shower, bath sink fixtures. NOT KITCHEN. :$.
[/b]

There's a famous quote that says, "Maybe your only reason for existing is to serve as an example for everyone else."

If all my post has done is soothe one man's soul by letting him know he's not alone... well, then, my work here is done. :D

Yeah, Qmx is precharging for everything up front. Mal pistol too. I'm not preordering that expensive of an item and not knowing when it will ship exactly. I did order a money pack since it wasn't as big a risk. Paying ahead in my view is bad business. Last, I still don't see an answer on when the money packs will ship.

QMx is not charging up front for the Mal pistol. I've ordered both that and the money pack, and have only been charged for the money.

The money pack is charged up front because it is a custom made-to-order item. You're paying to have it made for you, not to buy it out of a stock that they will have made up.

I believe the plan on the Mal pistol is some designated time before the item ships, they will put a hold on the funds for it. You aren't able to spend those funds, but they also have not been removed from your account yet. They're in Money Limbo, so to speak. The idea behind it is to verify that you have the funds available to pay for the item and to keep those funds available for when they do actually charge for it. This avoids the whole credit card decline problem that some companies encounter and gives the customer time to get their affairs in order without missing out on a limited item.

Of course, all this only applies if you're using a credit card. If you're using something else, the above may not apply to you at all.

Lemme clear up some (more) things if I may...

The money packs are shipping just like we said on the website...November.

Please understand that because we didn't respond to that question in an RPF thread, doesn't mean we don't want to keep our customers informed.

Just the opposite, actually. It was so important to us that we put he scheduled delivery times right on the website for everyone to see. :D

PLEASE NOTE: We DO NOT plan to us the RPF as "customer address system". We have a customer service system in place, so please use that. We will not be responding in "real time" to customer questions here, so if we don't reply to your thread, that doesn't mean we don't want to talk to you. We are responding now, because some people have stated that they have not received answers to their questions via our CS system and that concerns me.

We have actually answered a TON of customer inquiries via phone calls and e-mails already, so if nobody is responding to your requests, I find that very odd, but will certainly look into it immediately.

Let me publically apologize if anyone feels they are being "ignored". Once again, we are a start-up and we are trying to "fine tune" our systems. We will definitely improve as we move forward and receive valuable feedback from our customers.

As I noted, the first wave of products are in production and should ship just like we have stated. If something beyond our control occurs and delays the production schedule, we will inform every customer immediately via e-mail. Stuff happens...

(We are actually preparing our first "mass e-mail" update for launch very soon).

Now about the credit card charges...

Our CC service company goofed and put our accountants (who are one of our business agents) on the charge order system. We weren't aware of this, but had it fixed the SAME DAY we were informed. The QMx name will now appear on all charges going forward.

We are not charging for all of the products in advance. (except for the money packs and I stated that above). We ARE running authorizations to verify that the card is legitimate and the funds are available. QMx does not receive any funds from a card authorization. Only when we release the authorization, do the funds become available to us (and we haven't done that yet).

Two customers have SWORN that we billed them. We called the CC company and verified that the cards were only authorized. Upon the customer's review, they stated "Well, look at THAT, I WASN'T billed, huh... "

Once again, if you feel uncomfortable with this system, you can certainly cancel any pre-order.

So, in closing, please bear with us as we work out the "bugs". We aren't going anywhere, everything is fine, life is good, cards are only being billed as explained above, so you can put the pitchforks away for now...

"Yah. and um...QMx ate my cat. Well, I didn't SEE them eat my cat...but my cat is missing, so it MUST have been QMx..."

:p

QmX ate my baby. It wasn't dingos after all.

I just wanted to offer up this: I've had good success with calling customer service. None with the CS form on the site (although the site feedback form has resulted in very quick replies). Maybe the online CS form is buggy and not getting all the requests through.

There's a CS form on the site.? I've only found the feedback form. Perhaps someone should suggest a general "Contact Us" page, that has nothing but email addresses listed.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back