Appleseed GONG Airsoft Gun

Sandman0077

Sr Member
Hey guys, awesome site. Shame it took so long to register. Just got back from Iraq, and didn't really have time to post anything of my own.

Anyways, I recently got my hands on a Poseidon re-cast kit of the shotgun pistol used in Appleseed, known as the "Gong".

It has many pieces, but no moving parts such as triggers, hammer, charging handle, etc. I was wondering if anyone had details pictures of the internal pieces to a Gong kit? I am going to re-cast all the parts and cut them/reshape them to be moving.

Also, I plan to integrate an Airsoft Semi-Automatic Shell Ejecting Shotgun into the inside of the kit, but the only one I know of is the Maruzen M1100, and it's NOT box magazine fed, but rather the traditional under-barrel tube magazine. I suppose I could convert it to accept box magazines, but that's a lot of work.

Anyone know of an airsoft shotgun like this?

gong.jpg

where did you get it's kit !:cool

Me, probably :)

There are 2 kit versions for the Gong. The version which builds around a static basegun and a version which builds arounf a (i think) M16 airsoft. I have both original kit versions, but only molded the one for the static version.

Me, probably :)

There are 2 kit versions for the Gong. The version which builds around a static basegun and a version which builds arounf a (i think) M16 airsoft. I have both original kit versions, but only molded the one for the static version.

By 'recently' I mean I recently pulled it out of storage. I finally found time to start working on my resin kits (some Cowboy bebop stuff, Vash's Revolver from Trigun, this thing).

I bought it off of ebay about a year and a half ago, and happened to still have it in the mailing box, and sure enough, it says the Netherlands! Small world, huh?

LeMarchand, any way you could post pictures of the original pieces so I can get a good idea of the internals I need to make?

The airsoft version of the poseidon kit has a couple of different parts than the static version.

i haven't molded the pieces for the airsoft version yet , difference can be seen in this picture:

pose_gong.jpg

Sorry, I don't think I clearly stated what I needed. My apologizes.
I'm not using the airsoft version of the kit to make this work. I'm using the original, 'screen accurate' version and making it an airsoft version, specifically with ejecting shells and working magazine. The images I need are of the trigger, hammer, and any other internal pieces that came with the original kit. I need to know what kind of room I'm working with internally. I have to fit an airsoft shotgun inside, and because I have the solid cast, I have to make copies of it and cut away/shape the individual pieces from the rest:
Gongkitcutout.jpg

I'm trying to make it as screen accurate as possible, which is why I don't need the airsoft version's pieces because they are different from the one's used in the movie.

Sorry for the confusion, I tend to think clearer than I write sometimes :)

Also, there seems to be quite a debate around here about 'recasting'. LeMarchand, if I were to get this working and tried to sell some, would you be mad? I understand the kit I got from you was a recast and you don't own the original work, but you still put in the time and effort, which I do appreciate. Would it be ok?

Last edited:
The pic above is poseidon's 1st version i believe. The 2nd version came in either a kit to build a static piece, or with some other pieces to customize an M16 airsoft.

I'll dig up my kit and take a pic of those pieces if it is helpful

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back