Anyone ID Clark Kent's glasses from SR yet?

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Do you think they're "Smoke," "Brown/Honey," "Black," or "Dark Tortoise/Olive Horn?" I wish I'd paid more attention to the color now; I didn't think it'd be as simple as this to find a pair. [/b]

Me neither. Based on the pics I've seen, I would guess they're the brown/honey versions. IMDB has a decent close up of Routh as Kent, and I definitely don't think they're black or smoke, but that's my opinion.

Perhaps it's time for some new reading glasses... :love

Sean

I think they may be the Brown/Honey.

On the Natl Geo "Science of Superman" special, there was a couple of close up shots when they were discussing Telescopic Vision where the light hit the frames and gave off what I percieved to be a brownish tint.

If you didn't see it, I've got a friend who has the special online to DOWNLOAD.

Steve

Man, it's time for a new pair of glasses too. I've lost mine (again).

I want to get these as I love the film and I know they're available nearby, although the glasses don't look that cool in the link above... :unsure They kinda remind me of the glasses George Costanza got in Seinfeld - the ladies glasses. Heh. They look cool in the flick though.

What he said. If you look at some of the promo images of young Clark hovering above the ground, the glasses are on the ground and you can see the Tortoise shell.[attachmentid=8908]

I've been on the phone with Lenscrafters about these, and they say they don't carry that model. I was told their catalog is a Lenscrafter's store-wide catalog, so according to the people I've talk to, they don't have them. :(

Also, I don't believe the young Clark's glasses and the older Clark's glasses are the same. If you look at this picture, you can clearly see the frames are more square, where the young Clark's glasses are much more round. Based on this picture, I would still have to say Clark's glasses were the brown/honey model, but that's just me.

Superman Pic

Sean

I must say I don't recognize the frames off the top of my head. LC has a funny way of stocking their stores. We get a big box of frames in weekly.

That's it.

We have no control over what's in the box and ordering frames is difficult at best. You will probably have to find them in stock in order to get them.

Donna Karen is primarily a women's designer but some of the frames in her line are for men.

Routh's glasses.

routh_glasses.jpg

Compared to the Donna Karans mentioned above. The shapes look similar but the "wings" at the hinges are larger on the screenused glasses.

02C62048.jpg

Note how the frames flare out on the sides of the nose (visible in the side view) to form noseguards.

routh_glasses_side.jpg

I guess we should consider ourselves lucky they didn't use Reeve's old Superman III glasses. :lol

reeve_glasses_s3.jpg

BTW that pic posted above of the actor playing the teenaged Clark, those glasses sort of resemble Reeve's from Superman III... more rounded than Routh's SR glasses).

<div class='quotetop'>(teecrooz @ Jul 6 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]1275382[/snapback]</div>
What he said. If you look at some of the promo images of young Clark hovering above the ground, the glasses are on the ground and you can see the Tortoise shell.[attachmentid=8908]
[/b]

Based on the picture that masterjedi332 linked to, I'm going to say they're different.

The part where the lense meets the arm is the main difference I'm seeing. Older Clark's are more straight across the top.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back