Anyone heard of BACKLOT PROPS & COSTUMES?...

Backlot Props is out of business. They sold out to another company called Abacus Costumes & Props. They too went out of business and liquidated their entire inventory by auction in April of 2011. I looked on Ebay and found a seller
called Backlot Props, but they are located in the UK.

Randy in San Diego

Backlot Props is out of business. They sold out to another company called Abacus Costumes & Props. They too went out of business and liquidated their entire inventory by auction in April of 2011. I looked on Ebay and found a seller
called Backlot Props, but they are located in the UK.

Randy in San Diego

Backlot was sold to Abacus a while ago, and yes Abacus is now out of business ( a while ago )
Then they changed their name to Hats and Hand, and now that's gone too.
But Backlot is back in it's original owner's hand
He does still sell some stuff he has and stuff he got back from the final auction
You can still find him on e-bay under backlotcostumes
But his stock is very limited now

eBay My World - backlotcostumes

Hope this helpes

Yes, Backlot props on Ebay is very reputable. I have dealt with them a number of times. Their stuff is ligitamate.

It's amazing that when you hear of old Hollywood that most of the props from old movies etc, ended up in the trash. Crazy to think how much money has been tossed out with respect to what we value in the collector/replica community.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back