Anyone have a sewing pattern for a Knight's Tunic?

JD of Asgard

So I'm working on a book inspired Game of Thrones armor build and I've run into a speedbump. I'm not a very good sewer but my wife has given me a few lessons. I'm going to attempt to sew a Tunic for my character but I can't find any patterns online. I was wondering one of you might have a pattern or know where I can find one/a video explaining how to do it.

I want it to look similiar to this style:
a669d7c569e5def5fe0f9d6ad578ccaf.jpg

How accurate do you want to be?

The web is full of SCA-ish "T-tunic" patterns that are more than good enough for costume quality.

If you want to go full totally accurate, try the "Medieval Tailor's Assistant":
http://www.strony.toya.net.pl/~kuswir/MTA.pdf
(start p.76)

there's no real description as to how the tunic is designed other than the colors and sigil in the book so I'm guessing I have creative freedom with the tunic. Thank you for the resource!

A very good resource: http://cottesimple.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/draft_and_sew_a_surcotte.pdf

What costume are you looking to build? I'm more-or-less done with a Tattered Prince costume. I really should make a thread for it here at some point...

I'm looking into doing a Young Robert Baratheon. Most of the fan art images I've seen and descriptions of his armor are pretty plain so I can just throw together some generic knight armor then focus of sewing a Baratheon tunic to go over it. The main focus is going to have to be the helm with deer horns and his war hammer!
Do you have any pics of your Tattered Prince costume? I'd love to see another book ASOIAF cosplay!

Holy wow that's a lot of resources! Thank you so much!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back