Anybody able to do a quick 3D model adjustment?

pastadude

Hey guys, I have no idea how to manipulate 3D objects, but I'm looking to modify a "square" in to a rectangle on a simple 3D model that I have... any suggestions on how to do it, or, preferably, if anybody might be able to help me out? It's a really really simple thing, I'm just in over my head! Thanks!

Of course - it's a .obj of the batcuff key from Batman Forever. The "stem" that serves to unlock the cuffs is a bit wide - it's currently 3mm wide and 3mm thick, but it needs to be 1.3mm wide in order to fit the lock. Everything else is fine, but the rectangular "key" part is a bit too wide. I've attached a few photos of what I'm talking about - it seems pretty easy, but I have no idea how to adjust the points to thin it out! Thanks for any help or suggestions though, I'm definitely lost!

I might be able to help you. What format is your model in? Can you post an image of the model and illustrate what you want modified?

Attachments

• snapshot00.png
    snapshot00.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 100
  • snapshotedit.jpg
    snapshotedit.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 89
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back