Any Blakes 7 prop replicas on here?

kev1969

I started watching Blakes 7 from the beginning, just started season 4. I have always loved the Federation guard helmets and would eventually like to build one.
Anyone got any prop replicas to show from this cult tv show?

These I've made over the years.
Orac.jpg

lib-gun.jpg

Clipgun.jpg

Teleport bracelet.JPG

Scorpio bracelet.jpg

fh18_zps6ikyewch.jpg

TPcontrols4.jpg

Comm3.jpg

Charges.jpg

Outstanding! Loved Blake's 7 when I was a kid. I remember a Blue Peter 'make' showing you how to make a teleport bracelet from part of a squash bottle. Of course I made one - it was absolute crap but I was only 8 or 9 at the time!!! :D

Thanks. They did one on how to make a Scorpio bracelet too. I used the same method except I replaced cardboard with aluminium!

Great work-LOVE the federation helmet especially.
I have wanted one forever.
Does anyone know anybody still making good quality replica fed helmets?

Thanks. I don't know anyone who makes them. I got the faceplate off ebay and scratchbuilt the rest myself. The helmet part is an old climbing helmet by the way.

Great work-LOVE the federation helmet especially.
I have wanted one forever.
Does anyone know anybody still making good quality replica fed helmets?

There are a few faceplates till for sale on the Century Castings site, but at £60 I decided they were too expensive and had a go myself, making the faceplate from card initially, built up with glass fibre to add detail and strength.

As mentioned, the helmet is simply an old climbing helmet. I couldn't find the correct textured perspex so I created a pattern with clear glue. For the grille I used the filter from the back of an old hairdryer the Mrs was chucking out!

Here's the full outfit.

Clever idea on the textured plastic. The stuff originally used isn't available anymore. I used clear perspex and then stuck (using double sided adhesive sheets) plastic sheet that simulate water for model railways to it.

There are a few faceplates till for sale on the Century Castings site, but at £60 I decided they were too expensive and had a go myself, making the faceplate from card initially, built up with glass fibre to add detail and strength.

View attachment 1034570

As mentioned, the helmet is simply an old climbing helmet. I couldn't find the correct textured perspex so I created a pattern with clear glue. For the grille I used the filter from the back of an old hairdryer the Mrs was chucking out!

Here's the full outfit.

View attachment 1034571
Amazeballs!

Hi, I’ve always wanted a liberator gun, but unsure on how to fabricate such a item. Does anyone have any ideas/instructions on how to do this? Thanks.

Tricky thing a Liberator gun. You'd need ema tubing and hemispheres. The handle is a Black and Decker drill side handle from the 70's. The connecting coiled cable is attached with chrome, lockable DIN plugs and sockets. The trigger was a particular bell push. The clear ribbed section is a pain. It should be turned on a lathe but I foolishly made mine from a flat perspex sheet, cutting each ring out, sanding to profile, polishing clear again and stacking together. Took me ages (it would've been quicker to learn how to use a lathe and then save up for one!).
Anyway, good luck with yours.

I might have some spare bits left over from my builds. As the acrylic bits are prone to damage if you aren’t careful when turning them I made extras. I’ve moved since building the 5 I built but I can check the shed. I think you are UK based aren’t you Mondas ?

I might have some spare bits left over from my builds. As the acrylic bits are prone to damage if you aren’t careful when turning them I made extras. I’ve moved since building the 5 I built but I can check the shed. I think you are UK based aren’t you Mondas ?

I certainly am UK based.

Took a look and I have 3 of the larger ringed sections sitting in a box still. As used on these -

2015-07-06 19.45.11.jpg2015-08-17 21.46.56.jpg
Fitted out with lights and sound naturally :) 2015-07-16 20.12.49.mov

Unfortunately the only leftover I have of the long acrylic section is missing the nub on the tip, so its not quite correct.

As an ex UKG member to a current one if you want one send me a pm with your address and I'll post one off to you. They have been sitting in a box for the last 4 years so aren't really what I'd call a current project :)

As Kevin said the friedland bell push is still available today and the plastic parts are EMA so can be bought. Same with the silver connectors. For my wiring I used 5 pin locking type from RS electronics iirc as I needed 5 wires from the wand section to the belt pack. The grips I bought resin casts from a member of the Eagle Transporter forum. Now days I have a 3d printer and I'd print them but back then I didnt.

Oh and I made a few more B7 bits (nowhere near Kevins level though lol)

One of them (mine) is signed by Paul but the signature is inside, nice and safe from wear and tear as he was kind enough to sign a spare side panel at the NSC for me and I fitted it to my Scorpio clip gun
2013-11-18 20.13.01.jpg

Got them all nicely stored in a case.
2015-08-26 18.25.02.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back