ANOVOS Standard Wrath of Khan Uniforms

Anovos sent an email update last night stating these are now slated for a March ship out. Subject to change of course. I have no problem waiting knowing how incredibly awesome these are going to be. Almost there!

Here is the entire email. I, too, have no problem waiting as I really believe it will be the definitive costume repro. My experience with Anovos thus far has been spot on.

Edward (new RPF member)

Greetings!

With the New Year almost upon us, we felt it was time to provide another glimpse behind the scenes and show you where we are in the production of the Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Uniforms.

The uniform jackets — by far one of the most difficult pieces of the most complex Star Trek uniforms used in the franchise — are finished and are waiting on the rest of the uniform.

And as for the rest of the uniform:

The Undershirts and Pants are in production now and we anticipate their arrival around late-February.

Admiral and Captain’s Rank Insignia Pins are completed and awaiting the uniform.

“Pips and Squeaks” (Service and Commendation Award Devices) are completed and awaiting the uniform.

“Admiral Kirk” and “Captain Spock” Security Devices are in production now and we anticipate their arrival in late January. A note about these devices - we are pleased to announce that our version of the security device will be the finest ever offered. In the past TWOK security devices have been offered as resin castings that had to be sewn directly to the uniform’s shoulder strap (in a manner similar to a button). Ours is cast in metal with an antique finish and has been re-engineered as a snap. This version of the Security Device will snap into the corresponding fastener on the uniform to allow easy removal for cleaning or to change characters without having to cut it off and sew a new one on. The design of the device itself has been perfected through careful study and modeling of the original sourced “kit bashed” model parts, and represents the most accurate visual interpretation of the original costume pieces yet offered.

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock Admiral’s (“Rainbow”) Rank Braid is ready to enter production. After careful study of examples (and discovering along the way that the original even contained actual gold bullion thread, as used on French military uniforms) we feel that we’ve designed the definitive version of this complex and unique ribbon worn on all of the flag officer uniforms from Star Trek III onwards. As you may recall, this was a piece that was initially offered in our Premier Line "Admiral Kirk" Uniform Ensembles, but will be made available for sale separately in Spring 2015.

And that brings us to what has proved to be the most difficult uniform accoutrement to replicate – the Officer’s Chest Insignia Badge, which is offered exclusively with our uniform and will not be offered separately for the foreseeable the future.

As you can see in the various prototypes depicted above, our production and design teams have worked diligently to meticulously recreate just what we saw on the screen in Star Trek II. We examined and took precise measurements from an original surviving badge from The Wrath of Khan, and endeavored to capture every nuance of the original badge, all for the final goal of producing something that displayed a level of finish and detail so that you could believe Starfleet had actually issued. That desire for a “perfect” insignia proved much more difficult to achieve and led to three separate manufacturers trying to produce just what we wanted. Only one of them succeeded on every level. With a very challenging development phase now behind us these badges are finally entering production and represent the finest replicas of the original Star Trek II version of the insignia ever created.

So that’s the current state of our TWOK uniforms. These uniforms have not surrendered their secrets willingly, and they have showed that the “Monster Maroon” moniker is well deserved. However, as you can see we are finally on the verge of completing the task we set for ourselves as long ago as the founding of our company over five years ago – producing the uniforms from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

All we ask is a little more patience.

The bottom line is that we anticipate all the moving parts of this uniform to come together for shipment in March.

As with all of our pre-orders that have yet to be fulfilled, we always offer a no-questions-asked refund to anybody who wants one prior to the order's shipment. However, should you desire to see this project out to its conclusion, we can promise the best Star Trek uniform ANOVOS has ever made.

As always, John (our customer service representative) will be available to answer your questions or handle your concerns, which you may email directly to support@anovos.com, or via our website's support ticket system.

Warmest Regards and a Joyous New Year to All,

Your ANOVOS Team

These things are sick. I have our manufacturing samples right here and can't even begin to tell you how amazing and perfect they are. I rarely use words like this to describe our product, but this is one of the few that I truly hang our collective hat on.

We want your experience to be just as breath taking.

These do look fantastic. Out of interest, what's the reason for the big price difference between the Captain and Admiral uniforms, and how comes the Captain is the more expensive of the two?

There are several new pics on the Anovos website (I'm assuming of a finished sample) for the standard Admiral MM. Looks good. Will look even better with accoutrements!

I had no idea the pants zipped up the way they do.

Last edited:
Premiere line Admiral pics are now up too. Captain's Premiere and Standard are now up as well. Thanks to Anovos for taking the time to photograph these MMs and get great pics up on the website prior to shipping!

Last edited:
Yup ! If you can believe it, that is the product you will be receiving. We try updating the photos with final product as time goes on.

Joe

I received my MM jacket yesterday. Awesome doesn't even begin to describe this beauty. It is amazing. I've been grinning from ear to ear like a little kid since the moment I opened the box. If anyone is considering purchasing one of these do it. Just do it now. Order a size up though. I'm a large by Anovos measurements but the jacket is super tight in the midriff so I'm in the process of exchanging mine for XL. Joe at Anovos was extremely helpful, he responded to my request almost instantly. Anovos - thank you, thank you... thank you! I can't wait to have the entire ensemble together. Amazing...!

Yes you can purchase the jacket as a stand alone item, just visit their website.

As a follow up to my previous post, I received the size XL jacket a couple months ago and it fits perfectly to my normally size L measurements. I have since received the undershirt in XL and it too fits me perfectly as a size L normally would. I received the pants a couple days ago and they are the opposite however. Size XL pants are enormous on me and I am exchanging them for size L. I tried them on and felt like McCoy trying on Scotty's pants. Be advised if you plan to order this costume the sizing can be difficult to get correct based on the measurement guidelines on the website. Great outfit though, definitely worth the (30 year) wait.

Anovos - your product is great but your customer service is awful right now. Why are you not sending RMAs and why are you not even responding to ticket inquiries? I know I'm not the only one experiencing this based on your facebook feedback. I'm very disappointed.

Does anyone have any information on how fast these are being delivered right now, ordered a standard line Captains suit and hoping it will be here before Xmas, the whole 'newsletter only' updates is extremely frustrating if you aren't subscribed from the beginning

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back