Anovos not giving refunds only store credit

:lol Nonsense :lol

Hardly so. That this thread yielded a measure of positive results has no bearing on the suggestion that it might also have contributed to people cancelling their pre-orders.

I absolutely support bringing complaints of dishonest or malicious practices into public view. (I have done so on this forum myself.) I do however think it's unfortunate that such threads, in addition to containing truly valid concerns, also sometimes carry with them statements of unwarranted or unfair negativity, with the added risk of band-wagging.

I absolutely support bringing complaints of dishonest or malicious practices into public view. (I have done so on this forum myself.) I do however think it's unfortunate that such threads, in addition to containing truly valid concerns, also sometimes carry with them statements of unwarranted or unfair negativity, with the added risk of band-wagging.

People are so afraid of being labeled as 'negative' these days...smh...

if you're waiting 2 or more years for a $2,000 Vader suit, it's not added band wagging.

It's lots of people complaining about the same issue that's a problem across the board. not just with vader items.

It helps people make educated choices on whether or not they want to take the risk in pre ordering with anovos. andwhen that pre order is $1,000 or more, up front for a two year wait, that IS a risk.

A Vader suit isn't a must have item. While i feel sorry for the people who backed out recently, it was their choice . I don't want to wait 2 years for anything, let alone a specialty item, but sometimes you have to.

I told their rep that I had heard they were shipping this month and the rep replied "Yes, that's true!" So fingers crossed. (I could easily have waited longer though... I've got the jacket on order as well and that isn't shipping for a while yet.)

The stuff you get at Toys'r'Us is mass-manufactured by (usually) decades-old companies with hundreds of millions in revenue. In comparison, most replica companies are "boutique" operations with very niche products. They operate under completely different financial and marketing conditions. You simply can't equate them to each other.

Ok bad example.: however how come local builders can still get your items to you quicker then this company? I mean you would think this company would have more staff and such then a local builder with two people or maybe just them making casts.

Ok bad example.: however how come local builders can still get your items to you quicker then this company? I mean you would think this company would have more staff and such then a local builder with two people or maybe just them making casts.

The issue isn't usually the speed of manufacturing (even coupled with a month delay for the boat from China to arrive). The issue is licensing and getting the Mouse House to sign off on a given product, part, packaging, etc., which brings delays at every step of the process.

People are so afraid of being labeled as 'negative' these days...
Yes, and it's a shame that in places where it really counts, such as in positions of responsibility at work, it can actually be detrimental to your career. It's why we are often advised to replace "The problem here is..." with politically correct, less negative sounding phrases such as "The challenge here is..." in a stupid attempt to put an artificially positive spin on things.

if you're waiting 2 or more years for a $2,000 Vader suit, it's not added band wagging.
I didn't maintain that it was. I wrote that there was a "risk" of band-wagging in complaint threads. Your reaction proves my point in a way. I appears as though you took my statement as a blanket-fact covering all negative comments in this thread; that by suggesting it might contain unfair criticism, I meant that it was all unfair, even despite the fact that I myself have thrown a few complaints at Anovos in it. So my intent at making a neutral argument, not categorically making any direct or specific accusations, still became regarded as such, with the consequence of even more bad vibes. I'm just trying to provide a balanced argument, but negativity feeds negativity.

(And I guess I'm guilty of unintentionally adding to it, for which I apologize. And no offense intended towards you Neil- I know you are good people. Please DO let us know how the Vader holds up when it arrives. I'm crossing my fingers that it will have been worth the wait.)

I can think of several reasons:

• Anovos started out as a couple mega-fans from the RPF that wanted to make some dreams come through. They're not a huge operation. (They're apparently bringing on a lot more people now though.)
  • Garage makers don't have to worry about approval from the companies owning licenses.
  • Garage makers (usually) don't have to worry about paying taxes or the other things that come with running a business.
  • Garage makers usually do it as a hobby and don't really have to think 2-5 years ahead or plan for it.
  • Garage makers don't have to attempt an exact, consistent level of quality or packaging.
  • Garage makers do most stuff themselves and don't have to deal with (or be at the mercy of) high-volume manufacturers.
  • Garage makers usually limit themselves to one "type" of product, be it soft goods or models or whatever.
  • Garage makers rarely make more than very limited runs of items, whereas a company like Anovos might have to make several hundred- both to stay in business and to be approved for a license. (Big IP holders like Disney will often not waste their lawyer's time on small-potatoes. It's actually one of the reasons that we here in the RPF get away with unlicensed runs!)

These are just a few of the reasons it can take so much time to get these things out. (Note that isn't a defense of the pre-order policy or anything, just a comparison between a small company that makes licensed items and hobbyist builders.)

Y So my intent at making a neutral argument, not categorically making any direct or specific accusations, still became regarded as such, with the consequence of even more bad vibes.

Hey, it happens from time to time. i'm not upset at all this talk, if it reads that way...

just trying to provide the counter argument as someone whos' been waiting 2.5 years ;o) In this case, I Think the bad vibes are earned. it may not be a criminal offense as far as the company is concerned, or bannable offense....but it sure isn't good business practice. I think really that is all people are trying to say at this point. When I read a statement of 'added risk of band waggoning', to me it is like the poster is trying to wipe away all the valid complaints as people just being negative to be negative. rather than just the discussion reaching a logical conclusion, even if all the evidence being brought tends to be negative.

does that make any sense? not sure i explained that right.

I don't know. after being harped on for so long of being 'too negative' It tends to color how I read things when you have your standard viewpoint on things questioned so much ;o).
call it a bad habit.

(And I guess I'm guilty of unintentionally adding to it, for which I apologize. And no offense intended towards you Neil- I know you are good people. Please DO let us know how the Vader holds up when it arrives. I'm crossing my fingers that it will have been worth the wait.)

that's a first anyone has said that, so i will like this post on principal :)

Im debating too. I ordered the Han solo Bespin Ensemble, and ive been waiting for 3 weeks for them to ship it out. When I contact them I pretty much get a run around. I wanted to get a few more things from them too, but now, i'm not so sure

What you said makes perfect sense. In my dealing with them,it seems they have tried to hard to cover their poor business practices with a fake smile. I am 100 percent sure they have a quality product, but they need to develop better business practices as a company

The issue isn't usually the speed of manufacturing (even coupled with a month delay for the boat from China to arrive). The issue is licensing and getting the Mouse House to sign off on a given product, part, packaging, etc., which brings delays at every step of the process.

If there having that much trouble why keep the license , just make things and get them out to people and keep clients.

I find it strange that Disney deals with other toy companys and organizations that purchase the license. These organizations have no issues getting there items to clients.

Eh each to there own. If I am paying as much as they want they should treat there clients better if what happened in this thread is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and it's a shame that in places where it really counts, such as in positions of responsibility at work, it can actually be detrimental to your career. It's why we are often advised to replace "The problem here is..." with politically correct, less negative sounding phrases such as "The challenge here is..." in a stupid attempt to put an artificially positive spin on things.

I didn't maintain that it was. I wrote that there was a "risk" of band-wagging in complaint threads. Your reaction proves my point in a way. I appears as though you took my statement as a blanket-fact covering all negative comments in this thread; that by suggesting it might contain unfair criticism, I meant that it was all unfair, even despite the fact that I myself have thrown a few complaints at Anovos in it. So my intent at making a neutral argument, not categorically making any direct or specific accusations, still became regarded as such, with the consequence of even more bad vibes. I'm just trying to provide a balanced argument, but negativity feeds negativity.

I can think of several reasons:

• Anovos started out as a couple mega-fans from the RPF that wanted to make some dreams come through. They're not a huge operation. (They're apparently bringing on a lot more people now though.)
  • Garage makers don't have to worry about approval from the companies owning licenses.
  • Garage makers (usually) don't have to worry about paying taxes or the other things that come with running a business.
  • Garage makers usually do it as a hobby and don't really have to think 2-5 years ahead or plan for it.
  • Garage makers don't have to attempt an exact, consistent level of quality or packaging.
  • Garage makers do most stuff themselves and don't have to deal with (or be at the mercy of) high-volume manufacturers.
  • Garage makers usually limit themselves to one "type" of product, be it soft goods or models or whatever.
  • Garage makers rarely make more than very limited runs of items, whereas a company like Anovos might have to make several hundred- both to stay in business and to be approved for a license. (Big IP holders like Disney will often not waste their lawyer's time on small-potatoes. It's actually one of the reasons that we here in the RPF get away with unlicensed runs!)

These are just a few of the reasons it can take so much time to get these things out. (Note that isn't a defense of the pre-order policy or anything, just a comparison between a small company that makes licensed items and hobbyist builders.)

I understand all the points you made.
My point was that if your taking money from people you need to deliver and if they gave the person in this thread a store credit rather then his money returned that shows they are struggling. With any bussiness dont get in over your head. Plan small then grow big. If they are having trouble getting orders out put a cap limit , do not keep taking peoples money.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back